Peterborough North

great northern

I think I also have to go with the L1, a fairly late but classic looking 4-4-0.

More than 25 years ago I picked up a representation of a Claud from a swap meet, using a cut down B12 body mounted on a L1 chassis.  Quite good for its time, but would now be worth more as an original L1.

• RMweb Premium

Plenty of interest despite the small number of candidates in the Southern poll. L1 won with 9 votes, W had 7 and Z 5.

So now we can conclude this round of polls with the LNER. Any class introduced or rebuilt after 1923 which leaves a gap in the preservation list. I think we can include classes that are now being either considered for new build or where a new build has started, as that alone shows that their omission at the time was wrong.

Just now, LNER4479 said:

Not that I'm being a sycophant or anything but I really would like to see a B17 in the flesh.

And, of course, I'm being terribly disloyal to some long time colleagues as of course I should have mentioned the P2 - oops!

• Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

Indeed ... but unlikely to be seen before this one:

https://www.p2steam.com/

It is quite amazing how the concept of new builds has taken off. In just the next couple of years Tornado, Lady of Legend and the steam railmotor will be joined by the P2, plus the Brighton Atlantic, Betton Grange and the Patriot with several more at various stages of construction. Im sure none of us would have imagined, in our wildest dreams seeing so many lost classes brought back to life. Amazing.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

I think we can include classes that are now being either considered for new build or where a new build has started, as that alone shows that their omission at the time was wrong.

Sounds to me like a blatant case of leading the jury, so I'll be duly led! 

B17.  

• Like 1