Peterborough North

great northern

All these unfamiliar lines, I've had to do some research. The C15 4-4-2 tanks get my vote.

There do seem to be some lovely locos including some singles and 4-4-0 tanks as well as the lovely C11 Atlantics.

Martyn

On 14/08/2020 at 20:58, LNER4479 said:

New Mills Central, on the 'old' Midland route out of Manchester, the junction for the Hayfield branch until 1970

(Wikipedia picture)

Some might argue Midland / CLC joint, as the Hayfield branch was operated by GCR / LNER motive power under the usual CLC arrangement but otherwise the route onwards to New Mills South Junction and the trunk Midland main line is pure Midland.

Argue they might, but they'd be wrong! The line was GC & Midland Joint, later LNER & LMS; no sniff of the CLC.

It is (still) a spectacular location though.

Colin

Note a vote for this poll but a suggestion for a future one after the designers round-Locomotives (of specific types) from around the world. Should bring up some interesting options.

14 minutes ago, great northern said:

There seems to be a trend at the moment for calling locomotives "cute". I have to say I find that a misnomer for some that have been so described. This morning, however, I put forward my own candidate for cuteness.

Can't see it? - there's a J15 getting in the way.

:jester:

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, 69843 said:

Note a vote for this poll but a suggestion for a future one after the designers round-Locomotives (of specific types) from around the world. Should bring up some interesting options.

Hmmm. That would require a volunteer to run it, as my knowledge of other railways is shamefully small.

• Like 2