Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Predictably, an easy win for the 04. 11 votes, nothing else more than three.

Today, back to the North Eastern and the most successful design of TW Worsdell. I feel the need to make you think a bit, or even do a bit of research, just occasionally.

Anyone who does not read this properly and makes inappropriate submissions will be sentenced to looking at pictures of cute panniers for a full hour.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, great northern said:

Anyone who does not read this properly and makes inappropriate submissions will be sentenced to looking at pictures of cute panniers for a full hour.

Ooh, yes please!

• Agree 3
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, great northern said:

1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

Ooh, yes please!

Masochist.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

I'm almost tempted to submit 3 classes for TW Worsdell - Y6, Y7 and Y8 recognising that the Y6 don't count as it was definitely a GER type.

But then on reflection I concluded that as the most successful type my vote has to be for the LNER J21 0-6-0s in the saturated form, although the compounds were a brave try that should have been made more of.

Regards

Chris H

4 hours ago, great northern said:

Today, back to the North Eastern and the most successful design of TW Worsdell. I feel the need to make you think a bit, or even do a bit of research, just occasionally.

I have duly done my research, the result of which is that I have found out that I know nothing about Mr Worsdell's locos, so I will abstain in this poll.

Lloyd

• Informative/Useful 1

Just now, FarrMan said:

I have duly done my research, the result of which is that I have found out that I know nothing about Mr Worsdell's locos, so I will abstain in this poll.

Lloyd

That's what I should have done.:lol:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, FarrMan said:

Lloyd

I'm being a bit devilish today. It isn't just a question of knowing about Mr Worsdell, it is also about knowing which one.

• Funny 3

I like the D22 and D23 4-4-0s - and they did set the styling for a whole series of other 4-4-0s- but ultimately I think the J21 wins for me. It was a large class, carried out a wide variety of duties and lasted a very long time. 

• RMweb Gold

Well, after much thought, instead of the excellent class J21, I’m going with the class F8, 2-4-2T. A good class of engine, and they worked services on branch lines until their early withdrawal by the LNER.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I’ve always had a soft spot for the NE tanks, particularly the N8 as it was a teenage kit build. Sorry, it needs a dust!
A73C2D42-63C2-4F54-9FDF-6F15F60AB691.jpeg.f6b99a3d8fceb671d0c7ffb2dc5b5814.jpeg

So seeing that on Clive’s list makes me think I should go for that. A reliable workshorse well into the ‘50s

• Like 11