Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

A very close poll. D49 and B17 got 6 votes each, but were pipped at the post by the N2 with 7.

Now Sir Nigel's most successful mixed traffic design. The runners are as follows:-

J6 B16/2 J39 K2 K3 and V2.

V4 for me, had Sir Nige not said good bye in 1941 there would have been lots of them.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

V4 for me, had Sir Nige not said good bye in 1941 there would have been lots of them.

But the V4 is not included in my list Clive. Only two ever produced, so who can say whether they were successful.   I did put the B16/2 in for you, didn't I?

Would there have been lots of V4s?  I doubt it, as it was all about simplification of design on just about all regions post war, wasn't it?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, great northern said:

But the V4 is not included in my list Clive. Only two ever produced, so who can say whether they were successful.   I did put the B16/2 in for you, didn't I?

Would there have been lots of V4s?  I doubt it, as it was all about simplification of design on just about all regions post war, wasn't it?

:cry::cry:Disqualified :cry::cry:

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

56 minutes ago, 3rd Rail Exile said:

Yesterday's poll was beyond my limited knowledge of the LNER, but at least today I know that the V2 was very successful and highly regarded.   So my vote goes there!

Exactly my thoughts as well.

Lloyd

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

V2, the finest Gresley design of all IMHO.

As for the V4, nice engines and I wish more had been built, but probably over complicated for the job. if you’d put them on your list and left off the B16/2, Clive would have gone for the B16/2! 

• Funny 2