Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, davidw said:

Those A2/3s look great. It would be good see more photos

I agree, Hornby really have got this one right...........wonder why they insist on their shade of green.......... my Montrose looks so much better than some of their ER Pacifics. Still Tim's magic transforms them:D. Lovely layout.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, great northern said:

Time for today's goodies. Having seen what Tim could do with an A2/3 if it was given a complete repaint, I decided I'd like to have one which was in virtually ex works condition, as it looked so good before Tim weathered it. Going through shopping dates in Yeadon, I found there was really only one candidate, Chamossaire. But you already have that one, I hear you cry, and I did. I feel though that the Hornby model in true green is better than the DJH one, so that went to a good home.

I knew where I could find a photo of 60514 on Doncaster shed, dated September 58, and obviously ex works, so I sent that to Tim. That one was black and white. Tim then found another, in colour, taken same time from a slightly different angle, so that was how it would be. Here it is, complete with the features that were unique to that loco, and bearing the slight features of weathering that Tim saw on the photos.

388153849_35141.JPG.701cfdf7375322e836ba0bbbd46ee6d7.JPG

530210195_45142.JPG.9d18b94cba81dcdf2c43f0408dbee8c7.JPG

When talking to Tim about this, it became clear that two could be done together with some cost savings, so i got another, which was transformed into this.

1434456331_15171.JPG.903b2aba4e27f56f19e4e604fdbc17ee.JPG

1469070444_25172.JPG.cac89618fe079a95fd6fdfa74e448f3a.JPG

60517 was a Heaton engine, and not commonly seen down south, but I've always thought it had one of the best Pacific names, and coveted it for over 20 years. Not as clean, but beautifully and subtly different.

I left it a bit late to take these, and the light was going, so I may take some more tomorrow, but these show what a great job Tim has done, once again.

Hi Gilbert

You lucky man, those models look absolutely superb.

Tim’s work just gets better and better.

I agree with David more photos of them would be nice.

Regard

David

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, great northern said:

Time for today's goodies. Having seen what Tim could do with an A2/3 if it was given a complete repaint, I decided I'd like to have one which was in virtually ex works condition, as it looked so good before Tim weathered it. Going through shopping dates in Yeadon, I found there was really only one candidate, Chamossaire. But you already have that one, I hear you cry, and I did. I feel though that the Hornby model in true green is better than the DJH one, so that went to a good home.

I knew where I could find a photo of 60514 on Doncaster shed, dated September 58, and obviously ex works, so I sent that to Tim. That one was black and white. Tim then found another, in colour, taken same time from a slightly different angle, so that was how it would be. Here it is, complete with the features that were unique to that loco, and bearing the slight features of weathering that Tim saw on the photos.

388153849_35141.JPG.701cfdf7375322e836ba0bbbd46ee6d7.JPG

530210195_45142.JPG.9d18b94cba81dcdf2c43f0408dbee8c7.JPG

When talking to Tim about this, it became clear that two could be done together with some cost savings, so i got another, which was transformed into this.

1434456331_15171.JPG.903b2aba4e27f56f19e4e604fdbc17ee.JPG

1469070444_25172.JPG.cac89618fe079a95fd6fdfa74e448f3a.JPG

60517 was a Heaton engine, and not commonly seen down south, but I've always thought it had one of the best Pacific names, and coveted it for over 20 years. Not as clean, but beautifully and subtly different.

I left it a bit late to take these, and the light was going, so I may take some more tomorrow, but these show what a great job Tim has done, once again.

I'm still in the middle of doing a hybrid Chamosssiaire in late LNER Apple green.
She'll be pure heavy fitted freight out of Manchester Oldham Road.
I Love the Hornby LNER Thompson's, they haul like demons and are a brave model to produce.
I will have to weather my Thane of Fife, though , probably not as superb as your beast.
All this stuff in Manchester in L&Y territory, I LOVE AU.
Regards,
Chris.

11 minutes ago, great northern said:

Joiner coming to do work today, which involves taking patio doors off for about six hours, and him working outside. So, after a weekend of sun and warmth, the temperature drops by 10 degrees, rain lashes down, and he ain't coming. Apparently it might brighten up later.

One more shot of Kittiwake, which logically should come before last night's, but never mind.

1645442501_41203.JPG.87758024b201f1c27752f8e754d71a11.JPG

Completely lost depth of field on this one, dunno why.

Gilbert - I imagine the F stop shifted accidentally in manual mode on your Canon G12 assuming you're still using that? I've had that problem with mine - in other words I've accidentally changed it without realising it.

Andrew