Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Anthony said:

Gilbert, just a quick note to say how much those of us who are largely silent admirers appreciate your hard work in bringing us the twice-daily updates on your inspirational creation.  Please don't ever stop!

Anthony

Many thanks. It does work both ways though. My innate idleness is cancelled out by the need to have something to show you, and that means that I run some trains more regularly than might otherwise happen. That is a good thing. Then there is the photoshopping, which does not require too much thought, but which is mostly rather soothing, so that's a plus for me as well.

I would like to have more two way interaction if it were possible, but I've run out of ideas for polls, and I'm not clever like KNP and the lovely Little Muddle, so there are no crates about the contents of which you might speculate, nor missing doors. The pace of life is rather quicker too. I don't know where Clive finds all his videos of young ladies singing in strange languages either, so that is out too. Perhaps after all it will just have to be about looking at trains.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

I fear the driver might be demanding a good clean of his windscreens on D209 before he sets off......

Well, he's got wipers, hasn't he? Mind you, he might not have learned how to work them yet.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

18 hours ago, great northern said:

Many thanks. It does work both ways though. My innate idleness is cancelled out by the need to have something to show you, and that means that I run some trains more regularly than might otherwise happen. That is a good thing. Then there is the photoshopping, which does not require too much thought, but which is mostly rather soothing, so that's a plus for me as well.

I would like to have more two way interaction if it were possible, but I've run out of ideas for polls, and I'm not clever like KNP and the lovely Little Muddle, so there are no crates about the contents of which you might speculate, nor missing doors. The pace of life is rather quicker too. I don't know where Clive finds all his videos of young ladies singing in strange languages either, so that is out too. Perhaps after all it will just have to be about looking at trains.

The secret of life is to enjoy the passing of time.  Is there a better way of passing time than looking at trains ? ( Well pre- privatisation trains before the world went mad, anyway )

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

........................... One train that did run was this very lost L&YR Class 5 2-4-2T on its journey to Sheffield Exchange.

a003.jpg.7c0a263822924f24d86b268b7b8ee763.jpg

a004.jpg.5eec12d9bc423d537fa5ecbea59c6f4d.jpg

Definitely a very lost loco if it is going south to Sheffield Exchange?????

Regards

Chris H

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2