Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Another congratulation of the first decade of the P'boro North thread - hopefully there will be more full decades. To celebrate here is another picture of a V2 at the north end of platorm 3 in early 1939 - there is an accompanying picture which shows froat on the ground and North Box's windows well steamed up! - Note the loco number and think about the Bachmann pictures of the promised new V2 model in LNER livery.

216269033_PeterboroughNorth003M.jpg.8de79d720ba7e988ebb2922d345298fb.jpg

Regarding the "Large Seaside terminals", I will this time vote for Scarborough.

Regards

Chris H

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations on 10 great years of modelling Gilbert, and so nice to mention Dave too.  Your layout, the rollingstock, the way you operate it and the wonderful pictures that you continue to so regularly share with us remain one of my greatest modelling inspirations. Here’s to the next 10 and next 10 after that!.

As for seaside termini, it has to be Scarborough for me.

cheers

Tony

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, trw1089 said:

Congratulations on 10 great years of modelling Gilbert, and so nice to mention Dave too.  Your layout, the rollingstock, the way you operate it and the wonderful pictures that you continue to so regularly share with us remain one of my greatest modelling inspirations. Here’s to the next 10 and next 10 after that!.

As for seaside termini, it has to be Scarborough for me.

cheers

Tony

There would be no layout without Dave. It was he who pointed out to me that I could knock the two bedrooms into one much more cheaply than I had thought, and that is what made the whole thing take off. He was a constant support and inspiration too. There will never be another like him.

I'll go for the next ten Tony, after that it may become a little more difficult, but you never know.

• Friendly/supportive 5

Well I said it before, so I'll stick by Blackpool Central. Ther'e no greater seaside than Blackpool, so it has to be. Mind you North was good too - the "traditional" terminus, with the additional "modern" excursion platforms (the existing station of today). But like I said before, with the immediate approaches to Central so busy and fascinating, that comes 1st.

Stewart

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

.... and your point was.....?

It was unexpected Jonathan. I've not experienced that before, even at Skegness. In June, that is. It was very nice when we went to Whitby though, and it is a lovely part of the world. My brother now has a cottage by the NYMR, and I was supposed to be going to stay there this summer until Covid came along.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Well Scarborough seems to be popular!  I don't know whether others that I can think of ran to six platforms but Scarborough did and remains a favourite station and town to visit, so I'll be boring and go for that too.  I was lucky enough to be able to join an official visit to the remaining signal box just before the semaphore signalling was replaced.

IMG00121.jpg.b0bfe9f3aed32f4d88e875a75a05b6ca.jpg

IMG00132.jpg.8df24a50d1242896ad0b5aeb2beae5ae.jpg

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, great northern said:

It was unexpected Jonathan. I've not experienced that before, even at Skegness. In June, that is. It was very nice when we went to Whitby though, and it is a lovely part of the world. My brother now has a cottage by the NYMR, and I was supposed to be going to stay there this summer until Covid came along.

I used to live in Applecross (on the mainland opposite the Isle of Skye). The main road there was once blocked by snow in June!

Lloyd

• Friendly/supportive 1

Only been to Skeg vegas once we had a week there. Lovely it was bbqed some sausages (cremated the wife claims) argued over it for 2 hours made up. Nine months later we had our 2nd Son. 

Hes now 10 we havent been back yet.

Edited by simontaylor484
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

G'Day Folks

I'm going for Llundudno,? sure it has a fair few platforms, been the a couple of times, Scarborough, used to work trains to and from there, bit old hat.

manna

• Like 1