Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

I didn't know whether places like Enfield and Edgware would count or whether they were part of London.

But if acceptable, then I would like to suggest High Barnet, as being a small town terminus which is still fairly well preserved by LT I believe, and would make a nice model with an intensive service in LNER  or GN days.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I did think of Braintree, in steam days it appeared like a through station but services from both Witham and Bishops Sortford terminated there, there was never a Witham to Bishops Sortford srevice. There were some through freights and summer excursions.

I am going to stick with Enfield Town (Middlesex), Chingford (Essex) and Hertford (some place as you go up north).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

I'll count the poll when I get back, but we will get another set up now. Let's move to the classic sleepy bucolic branch line terminus. There were lots of them, and we know about them even if they aren't in our preferred area, so I think we will do them in regions. Today, country branch line termini on the Western and Southern regions of BR. Before BR came into existence counts, of course, its just to give us specific areas.

Ashburton. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Bodmin North. I went there once, behind a pannier, I think. I was 12 and lived in Dorking at the time, and got talking to the driver. He was interested to hear where I lived, because he was going to go to a meeting near there, at Beatrice Webb House - probably a union or left-wing political event - and I was able to tell him the bus number he needed to catch from Dorking North station! 

• Like 4

Easton on Portland. Came across the causeway from England at sea level then had to climb round the island to reach the station at 285 feet above sea level. Sadly never made any money and the station is no longer there.

Martyn

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 15/07/2020 at 09:09, great northern said:

Good morning. Pictures first as usual. A Top Shed V2 with a KX- Dringhouses Class C.

288158854_11862.JPG.6e9768df332e89524e9ad487343a3e32.JPG

and another KX engine, A3 Tracery, brings the FO Catterick leave train through.

1484524335_1591.JPG.3159789a7811bbcd4e63fda7a02e9f5d.JPG

Hi Gilbert

A quick question if you don't mind, the water column in the foreground of this photo as you know are the same as the ones I am using in Haymarket.

Some of which you kindly gave me some time ago.

Where did they come from?

I have it in my mind it was a model railway shop in Norfolk or was it Mikes Models.

Can you remember, as someone on a modelling website on Facebook has asked if they are still available.

Regards

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, landscapes said:

Hi Gilbert

A quick question if you don't mind, the water column in the foreground of this photo as you know are the same as the ones I am using in Haymarket.

Some of which you kindly gave me some time ago.

Where did they come from?

I have it in my mind it was a model railway shop in Norfolk or was it Mikes Models.

Can you remember, as someone on a modelling website on Facebook has asked if they are still available.

Regards

David

Mike's models David. I'd had them for ages, bit I think I got some of them from Holt?

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 minutes ago, great northern said:

Mike's models David. I'd had them for ages, bit I think I got some of them from Holt?

Many thanks Gilbert, now I remember thats where I purchased my water columns.

Regards

David

Edited by landscapes
  • Thanks 1