Another one for Watling Street, surely that is the route of the LNWR.

GWR followed the Roman Great Western Road.

GNR followed the Roman Great Northern Road.

GER followed the Roman Great Eastern Road.

LNWR followed the Roman London to Northampton route along Watling Street.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Another one for Watling Street, surely that is the route of the LNWR.

GWR followed the Roman Great Western Wandering Road.

GNR followed the Roman Great Northern Road.

GER followed the Roman Great Eastern Road.

LNWR followed the Roman London to Northampton route along Watling Street.

There, I've just corrected that post for you ...

(sorry - couldn't resist:jester:)

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

G'Day Folks

Guess who owns a pair of 'Watling Street' nameplates !!!........................Well Watling Street, did go through Edgware. :)

manna

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Another result I would not have predicted. Watling Street 6 votes, almost half the total cast, and ET only got 2.

Today we will have something simple, with no sub classes to cause confusion. What was the best name for a B1? You may have to do a bit of research on your antelopes.

2 minutes ago, great northern said:

Another result I would not have predicted. Watling Street 6 votes, almost half the total cast, and ET only got 2.

Today we will have something simple, with no sub classes to cause confusion. What was the best name for a B1? You may have to do a bit of research on your antelopes.

G-nu.

M. Flanders

• Agree 1

61028 Umseke 14D, saw it so many times on  Neasden Shed whilst walking round  waiting for Father to finish work on a Sunday afternoon. Unlike some people who would bunk sheds.:lol:

One Sunday afternoon I was walking up the path from the canal feeder to see Police,Ambulance and Fire Brigade attending to a young West Indian fireman (Railway) who had slipped and lost half of his foot under the pony truck wheels of a 2-6-4 Tank. Told by policeman in no uncertain terms to make myself scarce.

• Informative/Useful 1
6 hours ago, great northern said:

Mayflower of course. Station pilot at Grimsby Town for many years and shedded at 40B

• Like 1