6 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

South Australia, been good to me. I have to see if I can get one for Edgware.

manna

Of course I can only go for South Australia as well and that's the model I have on the LMS part of my layout. It's on a milk train at present.

Andrew

• Like 2

I overcomplicated this poll, but I think I've accounted for the changes I caused. Lots of suggestions, but strong antipodean influence resulted in New South Wales with 3 votes as the winner, four others with 2.

Right, now to the Admirals, Battles and Warships.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

Well, in this case, I'll leave others to nominate some of those stirring names and I'll stick with

5690 'Leander'. Very much a favourite amongst preserved locos for me, I remember her arriving at Dinting in 1973, fresh out of Derby works with one of the most stunning livery applications ever to adorn a preserved loco. Don't care much for the black livery she currently carries.

And to anyone who says LMS Jubilees don't do much for them, take a look at this bit of video and tell me that the hairs didn't stand up on the back of your neck ... a bit

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 2

I have to confess to owning a model of Leander, but primarily because Mrs 2750 was fed up with looking at green and black engines.

Though not a Jubilee fan, I am interested in naval history and the class does commemorate some famous warships and admirals.  My vote goes for Shovell (Sir Cloudesley)perhaps less well celebrated than those who fought in the Elizabethan or Napoleonic wars and now possibly best known for his loss in the Association shipwreck in the Scilly Isles.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
2 hours ago, LNER4479 said:

Well, in this case, I'll leave others to nominate some of those stirring names and I'll stick with

5690 'Leander'. Very much a favourite amongst preserved locos for me, I remember her arriving at Dinting in 1973, fresh out of Derby works with one of the most stunning livery applications ever to adorn a preserved loco. Don't care much for the black livery she currently carries.

And to anyone who says LMS Jubilees don't do much for them, take a look at this bit of video and tell me that the hairs didn't stand up on the back of your neck ... a bit

Absolutely brilliant

Mike

G'Day Folks

The 'Only' Jubilee I can ever remember seeing, was at Barry, 'Galatea', if I've spelt that right, even got a Pic, somewhere...Glad it was saved and returned to running order.

manna

• Like 1