Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Runaway winner this time is the 9F with14 votes. Five for the 2.6.4T and 3 for the Britannia. I thought they might get more.

Today, most successful locomotive credited to A H Peppercorn. No arguments as to whether he actually did design them please, if they are down as his, they count. Otherwise we miss some very deserving classes.

1 hour ago, great northern said:

Today, most successful locomotive credited to A H Peppercorn. No arguments as to whether he actually did design them please, if they are down as his, they count. Otherwise we miss some very deserving classes.

Ah well, today I am hopelessly compromised. But hopefully, not without good reason!

20200912_120356.jpg

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Market65 said:

If I understand this poll correctly, then it’s between the A1, A2 and K1. And I’ll go with the A1. But if not, then I am just a bit confused. 

Sorry,

Rob.

You're OK Rob. I just wanted to avoid controversy about whether he actually did design them. Like you, I believe only three classes are involved. Unless Clive knows otherwise, of course.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, great northern said:

You're OK Rob. I just wanted to avoid controversy about whether he actually did design them. Like you, I believe only three classes are involved. Unless Clive knows otherwise, of course.

Of course I don't.

I am going to vote for the loser the K1.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

This time I am going to upset my mate, because years ago I had a (Ladybird?) book about railways that featured Happy Knight - so it's the A2 for me.

Another reason is that somewhere I still have my silver Blue Peter badge.

• Like 2

I'm going to abstain from a vote on the basis of all 3 have good reason to win, and all 3 are the peak of refinement of their type. So I can't find myself picking a clear vote here.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, great northern said:

Just to have something a bit different, I chose this five compartment BSK to Dia 37A.

When I was building rakes for Grantham, this was the most common BTK.  I can't remember how many I put together.   Has Bill corrected the droplight in the lav window?

4 hours ago, great northern said:

Another goodie has arrived, this time a Hornby conversion using Mousa sides, built by Steve Pearce/31A. Just to have something a bit different, I chose this five compartment BSK to Dia 37A.

331251709_BSK1.JPG.1938b91c1d9337ec2e778f2b421bd53b.JPG

1017114654_BSK2.JPG.a83ef66b32afb4960ed385d3de0770df.JPG

The sides didn't altogether correspond to the drawing, but after discussion we decided it looked close enough to be acceptable, and I'm quite happy with it now it is finished. I have records of  three of these being seen during the HMRS survey, so this is numbered as one of them, and is another very good addition to the fleet.

Very natural-looking. I see 31A has remembered to remove the droplight from the toilet window; something I only realised after I'd glazed mine.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jwealleans said:

When I was building rakes for Grantham, this was the most common BTK.  I can't remember how many I put together.   Has Bill corrected the droplight in the lav window?

No, I cut the frame out.  Only realised after I'd got it all put together, so that was interesting!