Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

He is receiving Counselling for that condition.

Pity Argyle were promoted otherwise we could have gone to have a laugh at Sincel Bank next season, before it gets demolished.

Philth

Is it going to become a supermarket after all?

• RMweb Premium

One more look at the Pacific works of ET.

post-98-0-27449900-1493068278_thumb.jpg

and then, from the South, what Doncaster did next(but one).

post-98-0-95713300-1493068350_thumb.jpg

This is the Down Norseman, a train I have wanted to include for some time, but have failed to do, mainly because I have failed to add it to the sequence on the laptop, and thus overlooked its running slot. More on this tomorrow.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Oh yes, very nice Gilbert. Although I'm surprised that even Top Shed kept their locos pristine - I've seen video footage of a V2 in very grimy condition there.

Ah, but was it a Top shed engine? And what was the date of the video? They tend to have been shot late on, when everything was run down and approaching the end. Top shed V2s during the late fifties and even into the early sixties were generally kept very clean.

Ah, but was it a Top shed engine? And what was the date of the video? They tend to have been shot late on, when everything was run down and approaching the end. Top shed V2s during the late fifties and even into the early sixties were generally kept very clean.

Especially 60800,60854 & 60871. :sungum:

I think 1961, but I remember the narrator mentioning The Beatles, so could be slightly later.

• RMweb Premium

Only one photo this morning, as back issues have messed my timings up somewhat. It is a nice one though, who would say no to a lovely clean Top Shed A1, especially one named Great Eastern?

attachicon.gif157 2.JPG

I have to say that it does look lovely, but it doesn't matter how clean it is, if it is off the rails, it ain't no good to no one.

Best Regards

Ian

• RMweb Premium

This morning we can continue to follow The Norseman as it heads for the end of the PSR, and can accelerate away. The same can't be said for the WD on the slow, which will have to continue to wait for a gap in the procession of Down expresses in order to cross into the yards.

post-98-0-41096900-1493194807_thumb.jpg

Definitely one for the black and white treatment. The home signal is off for the Up main, but not yet the distant. One hopes the signalman will be able to remedy that quickly, in order to avoid delay to the next express, the West Riding.

post-98-0-84122800-1493195015_thumb.jpg

A Copley Hill duty, as always, and Bois Roussel again this morning. Our cameraman has mysteriously levitated again, in order to give us something a bit different.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Norseman coaches tonight.

attachicon.gifrake 1.JPG

BSK and SK

attachicon.gifrake 2.JPG

SO and RSP

attachicon.gifNorseman RF.jpg

RF and FO.

attachicon.giflast two.jpg

CK and BSK.

It is a very nice train, and all formed from loose stock, so my plans are working. Plenty of catering facilities, so let's hope the North Sea isn't too rough when Bergen line takes over from rail.

I love the Norseman stock Gilbert! It makes a nice change to have a named train formed of a large proportion of LNER stock. Didn't it have a triplet in the formation on some days?

Andy

Norseman coaches tonight.

attachicon.gifrake 1.JPG

BSK and SK

attachicon.gifrake 2.JPG

SO and RSP

attachicon.gifNorseman RF.jpg

RF and FO.

attachicon.giflast two.jpg

CK and BSK.

It is a very nice train, and all formed from loose stock, so my plans are working. Plenty of catering facilities, so let's hope the North Sea isn't too rough when Bergen line takes over from rail.

Now, because we can't see the locomotive in these shots, does that mean that the train is the 'Headless Norseman', I wonder?

That Thompson BSK looks to be a very appealing model, by the way, seemingly capturing the attractive prototype really well.

Cheers,

BR(W).

Lots of golf club stuff to sort today, and then off to see the doctor, so another hasty update. One more shot of Bois Roussell, this time from nearer rail level.

attachicon.gif117 4.JPG

and after the West Riding cleared section, the J6 WAS ABLE TO CONTINUE ITS SHORT JOURNEY DOWN TO EAST.

At last! I suspect the driver and fireman were getting impatient.

• Like 1