Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, great northern said:

The subsequent enquiry found that there was insufficient evidence to say who did it Neil, so you're in the clear.

Is that despite the fact 5 witnesses stated they saw a bloke with three legs throwing coal. Well he must have had a good lawyer. ;)

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, manna said:

G'day Folks

Only one word comes to mind..............'Moonlighting'

manna

I may or may not be able to comment further......but I used to work in an associated profession!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Is that despite the fact 5 witnesses stated they saw a bloke with three legs throwing coal. Well he must have had a good lawyer. ;)

You mean  a Freeman kept him a freeman.

Think about it Clive a Celebrity Lawyer called Mr Fr*****.

3 hours ago, CUTLER2579 said:

You mean  a Freeman kept him a freeman.

Think about it Clive a Celebrity Lawyer called Mr Fr*****.

I once knew a lawyer called I. Judge ( Igor Judge) and he rose to become Lord Chief Justice Of England. True . Not as funny as the urologist at Orsett Hospital called Dr Jimmy Riddle though .:mocking_mini:

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, CUTLER2579 said:

Clive, the Lawyer who gets all the Rich & Famous off on technicalities is called Mr Freeman. :mad:

Is he? I wouldn't know as the coming and goings of the rich and famous is something I have learnt not to follow.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, jazzer said:

I once knew a lawyer called I. Judge ( Igor Judge) and he rose to become Lord Chief Justice Of England. True . Not as funny as the urologist at Orsett Hospital called Dr Jimmy Riddle though .:mocking_mini:

There's a coincidence. I used to brief Igor quite regularly when he was, like me, just getting going in his career. Very nice man, and you could tell immediately that he would go to the top of his profession.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Is he? I wouldn't know as the coming and goings of the rich and famous is something I have learnt not to follow.

He is also a very good self publicist, who takes advantage of the fact that a lot of prosecutors and Magistrates don't know much about drink driving law. I do, or did, and was sometimes asked to head up cases where his firm acted for the defence. He never turned up against me. Fact.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Sad news, Gilbert - please pass on my condolences to Tim.  What lovely photos, which just go to show how realistic your layout is!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, great northern said:

A trawl through the archives found a couple more of Brian Easter's 1950s photos.

69262_Peterborough_23-5-58_127-103L.jpg.944499113897b3c633469d955c68a494.jpg

1051428528_61619Peterborough23-5-58127-101L.jpg.1ff7f8cb44b757a6ccf0df0f44cad7e4.jpg

The O or is it a Q on the back of the GCR? 0-6-2, is that a reporting number for a particular pilot duty?

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Sandhole said:

The O or is it a Q on the back of the GCR? 0-6-2, is that a reporting number for a particular pilot duty?

That's correct. It could be either O or Q, as both seem to have been used. I've been meaning to do some to attach to my pilots for about the last six years, but I haven't got round to it yet.

• Thanks 1

On 04/05/2019 at 16:19, jazzer said:

At Mbuma Hospital in Zimbabwe about thirty years ago, the doctor/surgeon was a Dr Hack. Is that enough to make you get better on your own?

Lloyd

• Funny 2

Also there used to be a GP in Mallaig whose name was Dr Duck, with a first name of Donald - and no, Clive, he was not just a quack. I was at one time teaching in Aberdeen with a teacher called Joseph King who did NOT like his first name abbreviated.

Lloyd

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, FarrMan said:

Also there used to be a GP in Mallaig whose name was Dr Duck, with a first name of Donald - and no, Clive, he was not just a quack. I was at one time teaching in Aberdeen with a teacher called Joseph King who did NOT like his first name abbreviated.

Lloyd

I bet they were very grateful to their parents.:rolleyes: My wife employed a lawyer called Rupert Bear in our divorce proceedings. He wasn't very cuddly.

• Friendly/supportive 2