Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, great northern said:

It's raining again, and the peonies have been battered to death. Smart meter to be fitted today, but I pity the poor person who has to work outside on it in this weather. Still, by this evening I should have yet another gadget which is smarter than me.

At PN, A4s rule again. Silver Fox has backed onto the Glasgow.

1991985768_517.JPG.d3660e5e492bf8ec5ee65245ec257705.JPG

and then Mallard rolls through with the Talisman.

98967295_622.JPG.9a51f9617044e24fdaba84f0789a75e6.JPG

Hi Gilbert

How long have you known our Phil, aka Mallard? You know he can't roll anywhere with his wonky leg.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gilbert

How long have you known our Phil, aka Mallard? You know he can't roll anywhere with his wonky leg.

But this is 1958 Clive. Phil were nobbut a spring chicken back then. Well, spring duck in his case.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, great northern said:

Seen by the side of the road a few minutes ago, a car sporting a sign saying that it is " For SAIL".   Have we now reached nadir?

Just down the road to me there is a small yacht for sale and their sign says "For Sail" but I think they did that on purpose.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

Seen by the side of the road a few minutes ago, a car sporting a sign saying that it is " For SAIL".   Have we now reached nadir?

Many years ago in Yorkshire I saw a sign outside a small garage offering "Puntcher repairs".

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Just down the road to me there is a small yacht for sale and their sign says "For Sail" but I think they did that on purpose.

That could have been useful a few days back?

Limp Duck

6 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Many years ago in Yorkshire I saw a sign outside a small garage offering "Puntcher repairs".

Best one I have seen was in Greece, at a very small and far away resort popular with windsurfers. Rooms for Rend.

Yea.

LD

5 hours ago, jwealleans said:

There's been a sign on Northallerton station warning people about the danger of standing to close to the platform edge because of 'turbulance' for over 10 years.

One hopes not too close.....................

Regarding signs. Seen on a rural road in Norfolk last year 'Deans Log's for sale'.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, great northern said:

If you've had as much rain as we have ...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Yo G. Just noticed that the 'Wizard' is now producing sides and full Comet Kits for Thompson D330/350TO and D332/FK (round corner windows). No idea if any of those are coaches you might need?

Limp Duck

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Yo G. Just noticed that the 'Wizard' is now producing sides and full Comet Kits for Thompson D330/350TO and D332/FK (round corner windows). No idea if any of those are coaches you might need?

Limp Duck

It would be very nice indeed to have some of those D350, and possibly even one FK. Thanks very much for that info Phil. I wonder how busy Steve is.:jester:

I've just noticed the last post on your thread, by the way. It is far too early to be flying south for the winter.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, great northern said:

It would be very nice indeed to have some of those D350, and possibly even one FK. Thanks very much for that info Phil. I wonder how busy Steve is.:jester:

I've just noticed the last post on your thread, by the way. It is far too early to be flying south for the winter.

Only as far as Broadstairs (on Friday but I have been told to get things cleared up and tidy before then.....). Might get to Margate and Hornby though!!!!! 

P

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Only as far as Broadstairs (on Friday but I have been told to get things cleared up and tidy before then.....). Might get to Margate and Hornby though!!!!! 

P

Why do things have to be tidied up if no-one is going to be there to see them?  Ladies are incomprehensible.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Limp Duck

Can't see them on comet models website

Edited by davidw

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gilbert

What has your cleaner hidden today?

I've got a new one Clive, and she has been given strict instructions on such transgressions. I have no doubt whatsoever that she will do exactly as she is told, until she has been here long enough to feel confident that her will shall prevail. The battle will then start all over again.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

One key cleaner trick/obsession is piling up coasters. You leave these in strategic places all over the house, so that wherever you are, should you need to put a mug or glass down while you do something, one will be at hand. Not so, say the cleaners, and pile them all up in one place where you never need to put that mug or glass down anyway. Sigh. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1