Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, 31A said:

The view from Crescent Bridge seems to be a new and interesting perspective .... 

It needs heavy cropping as things are Steve, but I'm looking at adding to the baseboard so that we can get a backdrop of Station Road, which would improve this sort of photo a lot.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, westerner said:

Nothing wrong with the second one, Gilbert. No need to Photoshop, there looks to be a storm coming.

Agreed. That is a view I've personally witnessed (with many different trains) over the years.

Stewart

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Gilbert

can you remember sometime ago you kindly sent me a few water cranes you had spare from your Peterborough North Layout for me to use on my Haymarket layout.

I have had a enquiry from an RM web member asking me who makes them.

I did order some additional matching water cranes but I cannot remember who the supplier was.

by chance can you remember who supplies them, I know they supplied various types from different regions.

Regards

David

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, landscapes said:

Hi Gilbert

can you remember sometime ago you kindly sent me a few water cranes you had spare from your Peterborough North Layout for me to use on my Haymarket layout.

I have had a enquiry from an RM web member asking me who makes them.

I did order some additional matching water cranes but I cannot remember who the supplier was.

by chance can you remember who supplies them, I know they supplied various types from different regions.

Regards

David

They are Mike's Models David. I believe they may still be available somewhere, but I can't remember where. It used to be Holts.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 05/07/2019 at 22:22, great northern said:

One of our photographers has made his way round to Spital Bridge, and has got some images from there. In real life, that would be a comfortable enough task, but in my railway room it is far from comfortable, which is why you don't see these views very often. Walter K continues towards the end of the PSR, and fairly soon the climb to Stoke summit.

263520684_3TTP3.JPG.16834f3ba5aca05ecf44aa0e54addc32.JPG

the next one had to be so severely cropped that it is almost useless, and I didn't waste time trying to photoshop it, but here it is anyway.

1009286708_4TTP4.JPG.2990d02b08dc57d4b115bb38f690f8a6.JPG

That's not up to much, so we have three for the price of two tonight. The last one is from  nearer ground level, but still requires a lot of contortions.

1298892328_5aTTP5.jpg.77e9a88c13a2f186b03ad9c24a3dbe57.jpg

Gilbert, I apologise in advance but I’m a bit worried about the “slipped” and rapidly recovered coaches from this prestigious Pullman service. Honestly I love the photo’s but what happened?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Herbert Nigel said:

Gilbert, I apologise in advance but I’m a bit worried about the “slipped” and rapidly recovered coaches from this prestigious Pullman service. Honestly I love the photo’s but what happened?

Simples. Beneath the track at PN lurk magnets for decoupling of kadees. Sometimes a train stops with two coaches precisely over one of them, which causes premature uncoupling. I then move the train forward to the next photographic opportunity, and fail to notice that this has happened. I also fail to see it through the viewfinder, though in fairness that is difficult, but also fail to see it when photoshopping, when it certainly isn't!

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, great northern said:

After the Doncaster had left, there was time for a Leicester- East service to call. By 1958 this ancient Midland thingy probably spent most of the year in store, but in high summer everything which could turn a wheel was needed, and I have quite a lot of prototype photos that show it. I also have a weakness where pre grouping 4.4.0's are concerned.

366471654_112P.JPG.7fce635bc769c762bd012004eb76803b.JPG

A THINGY......it is a wonderful class 483, superheated class two passenger 4-4-0. A beautiful class of locomotive.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

A THINGY......it is a wonderful class 483, superheated class two passenger 4-4-0. A beautiful class of locomotive.

I apologise most insincerely for my totally inept comment. I must have been in distrust of foreign locos mode.:jester:

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, great northern said:

You should also have been given the opportunity to gaze on the classic lines of the B12 from this angle too. 

More superb weathering. How does Tim get that effect? It's wonderful. He must spend hours and hours on each engine.

• Agree 2