great northern

Peterborough North

Gosh - one has to look twice to see that some of these pictures are not of the real thing.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, great northern said:

This might work better with the bridge cropped out, and without such strong light on the right.

I quite like it with the bridge in shot; it sets the scene and frames the picture quite nicely!

• Agree 7

8 hours ago, jwealleans said:

70 wagon freight?  Time for some video.

Pushing the boundaries a bit far there Jonathan. It is something about which I don't feel at all confident. I knew someone would suggest it though.

2 hours ago, great northern said:

I've been thinking again. I know its bad for me, but I can't help it. I shall spend some of today playing about with backscene possibilities behind Spital Bridge. The problem seems to be that putting one in somewhere results in unwanted deep shadows somewhere else.https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_scratch_one-s_head_mini.gif

Shall we have another look at that little Midland 3F? I won't insult it, as I don't wish to upset Clive again. Here it is resting.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_08/1371449988_734112.JPG.a65d4b9bf60e1a44bae63246773615dd.JPG

and now joining the ECML briefly before returning to the Midland side.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_08/48370869_123411last.JPG.2e506fae57af76b16909b797a5db9a5a.JPG

I must say these Midland/LMS coaches are rather attractive.

With a neat and functional looking Deeley/Fowler development of the wonderful Johnson 0-6-0 hauling some lovely Reid designed  coaches, what can be better?

Except of course a Cravens, Derby and BRCW consist DMU train.

• Like 2

it seems it isn't going to rain.

That's what our forecast said and we've had two lots already this morning.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

On 13/08/2019 at 17:28, great northern said:

Pushing the boundaries a bit far there Jonathan. It is something about which I don't feel at all confident. I knew someone would suggest it though.

I am sure some kind person of this parish might volunteer to visit and do a video session. I would really enjoy seeing the results.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/08/2019 at 19:01, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Lloyd

That is a good question, I am sure there might be an answer somewhere.

A brass band contest... Or a fishing match

Edited by Ravenser

9 hours ago, jwealleans said:

That's what our forecast said and we've had two lots already this morning.

No rain at all down this way Jonathan, and the wind was not as strong as forecast either.

9 hours ago, Martin S-C said:

Is that a drinking fountain on the wall? If it is, well done, that will be the first such example I have ever seen on a model railway.

There are two of them Martin, one on Platform 2, and the other on 6. As usual, Peter Leyland was equal to the challenge.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

9 hours ago, Martin S-C said:

I am sure some kind person of this parish might volunteer to visit and do a video session. I would really enjoy seeing the results.

I hope I don't get trampled in the rush! 

1 minute ago, great northern said:

There are two of them Martin, one on Platform 2, and the other on 6. As usual, Peter Leyland was equal to the challenge.

Well done to him, a modelling first that I'm aware of which is a very difficult thing to do in 2019.

Update. The weather forecast was right. We splashed our way out to the 5th tee. My partner hit a good drive, I hit a  decent second shot, he got us to about 15 ft, I holed the putt, and we won the match. We splashed our way back, and went and had some drinks. Now for the final, 36 holes in a day.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7