great northern

Peterborough North

19 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Don't be daft, Dudders was a senior manager on the railways and will be using his gold pass to travel first class and have some minion to make sure there are no dangers around him.

Ah so. 

I shall add then, how many:

1. arrogant business types are being aggressive towards the crew?;

2. people have two huge suitcases and insist they keep them on the floor next to them?;

3. 'new moneys' wearing red braces, are hogging the blinds and keep pulling them down so you cant see out of your window?

Pah! 

• Funny 1

7 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Ah so. 

I shall add then, how many:

1. arrogant business types are being aggressive towards the crew?;

2. people have two huge suitcases and insist they keep them on the floor next to them?;

3. 'new moneys' wearing red braces, are hogging the blinds and keep pulling them down so you cant see out of your window?

Pah! 

Sorry Phil I didn't see you on the train, if I had I would have only left one suitcase in the way, you having a dodgy leg and all. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Sorry Gilbert, I have been on the Brandy and I did not mean to hijack yer thread. I'll go back to my cell now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

It is, and I am now living up here.....and very damp it is about time another part of the world got some rain.

The lovely part of Lincolnshire in which you are so privileged to live, has, statistically one of the lowest annual rainfalls in the country. It's just that you happen to be getting a lot of it at once. My Dad was a drainage engineer, so I know that, you see.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Sorry Gilbert, I have been on the Brandy and I did not mean to hijack yer thread. I'll go back to my cell now.

Good to see you back Phil, and you are entitled to the odd painkiller. How are things?

• Agree 2

G'Day Folks

From where I am, Alice Springs in UP North.:laugh_mini:

manna

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

11 hours ago, great northern said:

Good to see you back Phil, and you are entitled to the odd painkiller. How are things?

Thank you. I am out on remand.

Ar$£

• Friendly/supportive 3

36 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Thank you. I am out on remand.

Ar$£

I don't remember being asked to fix your bail conditions though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, great northern said:

I don't remember being asked to fix your bail conditions though.

A ball and chain would seem a generous minimum. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

16 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Don't be daft, Dudders was a senior manager on the railways and will be using his gold pass to travel first class and have some minion to make sure there are no dangers around him.

Nearly right, Clive. Except that only the most senior managers got a gold pass, mine is merely silver. The difference is minimal in effect, but there are a handful of very busy trains I may not join - and in theory the gold pass entitles the bearer (and his lady) to a free sleeper berth (each!)

And as usual, my IEP was just the job. Comfy enough, regular offers of tea etc, waiting time here and there. 

Back to PN, now chaps. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Nearly right, Clive. Except that only the most senior managers got a gold pass, mine is merely silver. The difference is minimal in effect, but there are a handful of very busy trains I may not join - and in theory the gold pass entitles the bearer (and his lady) to a free sleeper berth (each!)

And as usual, my IEP was just the job. Comfy enough, regular offers of tea etc, waiting time here and there. 

Back to PN, now chaps. 

Ah, of course. First Class eh? So the seats are adjustable and a bit more cheek friendly supposedly. Have a good time buddy.

P

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely pair of pics. The Hull fish probably looks better than it smells, while the detail on the Peter Leyland roof is a reminder of the quality PN exudes on every level. 

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, great northern said:

Both of our men have stayed at the vantage points which they reached, so one of them can turn round to get a shot of the Hull fish.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_11/1360643030_8fish1.JPG.c901c073dcc25bde73d2d14b2964b587.JPG

Some bloke on FB was going on about the great days of Grimsby fishing in the 'good old days' and how there was a continuous movement of trains into for loading and out of Grimsby loaded for the fish markets all over. Presumably those trains went all over the country spreading their smell, but was there only the one/two is it that you run on the ECML; I can't remember but I am sure you have told me about that in the past?

18 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

The traffic was already dwindling a bit by 1958, so I have two up Grimsby and one Up Hull in my WTT. The Aberdeen ran in the middle of the night, so we don't see that. There were still plenty of other workings to places other than London though, quite a lot via the GC, and of course the odd van or two tacked on the back of local passenger services.

I wonder why I have a train of blue spot vans, which never run.:scratch_one-s_head_mini:

• Friendly/supportive 2

On 08/11/2019 at 23:00, great northern said:

The traffic was already dwindling a bit by 1958, so I have two up Grimsby and one Up Hull in my WTT. The Aberdeen ran in the middle of the night, so we don't see that. There were still plenty of other workings to places other than London though, quite a lot via the GC, and of course the odd van or two tacked on the back of local passenger services.

I wonder why I have a train of blue spot vans, which never run.https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_scratch_one-s_head_mini.gif

Wasn’t the return empties of the Aberdeen in the middle of the day? That should give an excuse to use the blue spots.

Edited by thegreenhowards
Correcting iPad typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LNER4479 said:

He's chancing his arm a bit if he scrambled up the gantry controlling the goods lines, given its current precarious state. Fortunately, help is at hand because ...

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_11/DSC09197.JPG.3262c121c502afc4f7b2f37b4115d5f2.JPG    https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_11/DSC09198.JPG.5cc2b14b95cc4f5c3e426e821a663e12.JPG

... it's finished! At last ... well, you can't rush art.

Sorry it's taken so long - all we need to do now is to fix up an engineering possession for it to be installed.

Graham

That's really lovely Graham. Just let me know what suits you, and I'll try to fit in.

• Like 1