Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, thegreenhowards said:

Well he’s been a bit quiet recently and I do love an old tank. Don’t tell Neil but I actually prefer the C12!

So do I Andy. They just have something about them, and of course are one of the main reasons why the model had to be set where it is.

• RMweb Premium

The threatened heavy rain is here. The polling station is easy walking distance from my house, and I couldn't bring myself to get in the car and drive there, so I put all the golf wet weather gear on, and went for a power walk, much needed as lack of exercise is getting me down, and making sleeping difficult.

What did I discover? This is not just rain, this is very cold and heavy rain. The usual dog walkers were completely absent, and the people at the desk in the polling station, where there was no queue, looked more than a little bored. Apparently they haven't had many visitors. Anyway, I shall now have a nice cup of tea.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, great northern said:

The threatened heavy rain is here. The polling station is easy walking distance from my house, and I couldn't bring myself to get in the car and drive there, so I put all the golf wet weather gear on, and went for a power walk, much needed as lack of exercise is getting me down, and making sleeping difficult.

What did I discover? This is not just rain, this is very cold and heavy rain. The usual dog walkers were completely absent, and the people at the desk in the polling station, where there was no queue, looked more than a little bored. Apparently they haven't had many visitors. Anyway, I shall now have a nice cup of tea.

All I hope the rain puts off those who would have voted for the wrong party.  One of my facebook friends thought I was daft going to vote in the rain and should have predicted it was going to be bad weather and used a postal vote like he did. Well I like to make my mind up in the voting booth....."Eny, meeny, miney, mo, catch a...", "you can't use that word" shouts the lady at the desk. 

• Funny 12

56 minutes ago, great northern said:

...  the people at the desk in the polling station, where there was no queue, looked more than a little bored. Apparently they haven't had many visitors.

You surprise me - here in Bodmin the polling station was pandemonium, and the town centre was buzzing like never before !

I bet the local traders (but no-one else) are wishing for a weekly election.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

All I hope the rain puts off those who would have voted for the wrong party.  One of my facebook friends thought I was daft going to vote in the rain and should have predicted it was going to be bad weather and used a postal vote like he did. Well I like to make my mind up in the voting booth....."Eny, meeny, miney, mo, catch a...", "you can't use that word" shouts the lady at the desk. 

Dear Mr Mortimore,

I am pleased to inform you that your rating has been upgraded from "incorrigible" to "totally incorrigible". There is no charge for this service.

• Like 3
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

You surprise me - here in Bodmin the polling station was pandemonium, and the town centre was buzzing like never before !

I bet the local traders (but no-one else) are wishing for a weekly election.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

In fairness we aren't a typical case. It's a development of around 1,000 people on top of a hill and a bit off the beaten track. I can't imagine many people other than locals using it.

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, great northern said:

Dear Mr Mortimore,

I am pleased to inform you that your rating has been upgraded from "incorrigible" to "totally incorrigible". There is no charge for this service.

Help, he is using his big lawyer words at me again. :scared:

• Like 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Gilbert,

has V2 60875 with a high fronted Group Standard tender which I am sure is correct for 1958. I have a photograph of the same Locomotive at 34A Kings Cross with the Late Crest with the flared type of tender. The photograph is undated and I would like to know when the Locomotive towed the Flared tender as I intend to have one built in "O" Gauge to the photograph and would just like a date.Regards,Derek.

3 hours ago, great northern said:

Drove to my polling station as usually (I say that now because of the sheer volume of elections we've had of late) the car park is empty - tonight full, and lots of people inside chatting - never seen it so busy and our's is probably a shoe in constituency.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, CUTLER2579 said:

Gilbert,

has V2 60875 with a high fronted Group Standard tender which I am sure is correct for 1958. I have a photograph of the same Locomotive at 34A Kings Cross with the Late Crest with the flared type of tender. The photograph is undated and I would like to know when the Locomotive towed the Flared tender as I intend to have one built in "O" Gauge to the photograph and would just like a date.Regards,Derek.

I have a photo at Yaxley Derek. It is captioned 1960, and attributed to Barry Richardson. It does have a flred tender. The caption refers to the station being closed, which makes it post April 59, and Barry's photos all seem to be 1960 onwards, so I reckon the caption is probably correct.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

You lot watch it, I'm keeping an eye on you.  Dismantled indeed, Dudders!  Knackered, yes!

Too busy at work at this time of years to participate in a lot of the banter, trains to sell, track to pack, and try not to buy them all myself.....Mrs NHN needs to eat!

Nice to see the old girl out and about though.  The N5, that is. ;)

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2