great northern

Peterborough North

Photoshop it back into place Gilbert :P

4 minutes ago, phil.c said:

Photoshop it back into place Gilbert :P

Can that be done Phil? If so, it is way beyond my abilities. Surely not possible though?

Yes it can, you have to select the bogies then move them to the right place, then copy/paste etc the missing sleepers etc into the blank areas, then do a little tidying up.

Edited by phil.c
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, great northern said:

Here is Wild Swan again, a few yards further on. It looks to me that the wheels are now back on track, and I drove the train to here. I do not however remember putting them back on before doing so. Anyway, this is a very severe crop, as most of the background was beyond my shopping skills. I was going to bin this, but as a lot of you liked the one of Sun Castle which I though was cr*p, I'll leave it to you to decide.

473289115_6212.JPG.92f6e831c46bd5eaa4944c8670c990a7.JPG

Next on the Up is the 9.17 from Doncaster via the loop line.

2027380330_116351.JPG.bb175861d935c5f1bce12de2565a71e1.JPG

My last Main Committee meeting this evening, which will be a great relief. Four consecutive years of golf club politics was definitely one too many.

With the A4 shot the missing details against the sky is distracting. A very tight, to almost square crop, could look good. Lose a lot off the left side and everything above the top of the signal frame/platform.

1 hour ago, john new said:

With the A4 shot the missing details against the sky is distracting. A very tight, to almost square crop, could look good. Lose a lot off the left side and everything above the top of the signal frame/platform.

Something like this?

1834797100_6212.JPG.b9da4f0be7692c4ba4a55a9612159e29.JPG

Brings in lots of specks in the sky though.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Something like this?

1834797100_6212.JPG.b9da4f0be7692c4ba4a55a9612159e29.JPG

Brings in lots of specks in the sky though.

Yes, possibly even a bit more off the top too. Smuts!

Edited by john new
  • Thanks 1

Just a quicky, it took no more than ten minutes, it could be perfect with more time  :rolleyes:

BTW, I've just noticed the loco nameplate, off centre?

Edited by phil.c

3 minutes ago, phil.c said:

Just a quicky, it took no more than ten minutes, it could be perfect with more time  :rolleyes:

Ten minutes! It takes me that long to do one lattice.

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, phil.c said:

That's cheating Gilbert :D:yahoo:

Just a bit of that common sense stuff, but I don't have much, so it has to be rationed.

• Like 1

Now, what would really be cheating is if you added some trees etc in the area to the right under the bridge because at the moment it looks like an infinity pool :D

51 minutes ago, phil.c said:

Now, what would really be cheating is if you added some trees etc in the area to the right under the bridge because at the moment it looks like an infinity pool :D

That area is awaiting possible development Phil. We know what should be there, but whether I actually want it there is another matter. I normally put stock on both Midland lines to hide that void more, but this time I forgot.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, john new said:

Yes, possibly even a bit more off the top too. Smuts!

I object to that - No one should call our kind Gilbert smutts!

Gilbert

I hope that you are able to enjoy your golf more now that you are out of most of the politics.

My golf experience is mainly from pretending to play when I was in the sixth form. It meant that you did not have to get changed. The only problem was that we had the clubs and a ball, but no holes. Some of my class mates went out to Oundle to play on a proper golf course on a Wednesday afternoon. One of their hazards was cows grazing on the course. I remember one of them whose ball landed just in front of a cow - He was too frightened to play the next shot!

Thanks again Gilbert.

Lloyd

4 hours ago, FarrMan said:

I object to that - No one should call our kind Gilbert smutts!

Gilbert

I hope that you are able to enjoy your golf more now that you are out of most of the politics.

My golf experience is mainly from pretending to play when I was in the sixth form. It meant that you did not have to get changed. The only problem was that we had the clubs and a ball, but no holes. Some of my class mates went out to Oundle to play on a proper golf course on a Wednesday afternoon. One of their hazards was cows grazing on the course. I remember one of them whose ball landed just in front of a cow - He was too frightened to play the next shot!

Thanks again Gilbert.

Lloyd

Another week before I'm officially finished. It'll be interesting to see how much weight does come off my shoulders. There is one resolution at the AGM which I shall be watching closely. If that passes, I may decide I want no more to do with the place.

As to golf and cows, the more upsetting thing is if your ball lands in the animal's end product. No relief may be taken unless there is a local rule which allows it.

30 minutes ago, great northern said:

Another week before I'm officially finished. It'll be interesting to see how much weight does come off my shoulders. There is one resolution at the AGM which I shall be watching closely. If that passes, I may decide I want no more to do with the place.

As to golf and cows, the more upsetting thing is if your ball lands in the animal's end product. No relief may be taken unless there is a local rule which allows it.

Gilbert

I had wondered about that.

Lloyd

1 hour ago, FarrMan said:

Gilbert

I had wondered about that.

Lloyd

That's why you hear golfers moaning about cr*p lies.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

Now you are talking bull sh!t

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, great northern said:

I believe the Retford GC is actually a very welcoming Club dear boy.

That's why you hear golfers moaning about cr*p lies.

I thought that was just what you get in the meetings?

A. Harris Hole

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Now you are talking bull sh!t

If it were the end product of a bull, I would be long gone from there.

• Funny 1