Peterborough North

great northern

1 hour ago, TrevorP1 said:

Agree about the higher level Gilbert. Very good.

I agree as well, though I find any photo of your model interesting. I think the higher level shot might work better because you can see more of the wonderful scenery  behind the moving bits.

Lloyd

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, FarrMan said:

I agree as well, though I find any photo of your model interesting. I think the higher level shot might work better because you can see more of the wonderful scenery  behind the moving bits.

Lloyd

Yes, I think that's it. Literally, it widens the horizons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, great northern said:

This morning my railway room seemed suddenly to be very small. I wonder why? Still, it is not going to grow, so I shall make the best of what I have.

TW has kindly given me permission to put on here some of the pictures I took of the lovely wide open spaces at Little Bytham, so here is the first one.

5_LB_5.JPG.202ae51e018c3ab365f839439057f57a.JPG

I'm not sure I've ever seen a model of a D9 before, and I certainly never saw the real thing.

Thanks Gilbert,

I've tried a similar shot.......

1220313729_Gilbertview01.jpg.7815bce6cf351f9b09d01448a540f2ab.jpg

Some D9s finished their days on the M&GNR.

I made this one from an old McGowan kit (a bit lumpen), making a brass chassis to replace the original cast metal (and very wobbly) one. Geoff Haynes painted it. 

My architectural modelling (the wooden cottages) has never been my strong point! 

Regards,

Tony. 

Edited by Tony Wright
to clarify a point
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

Thanks Gilbert,

I've tried a similar shot.......

1220313729_Gilbertview01.jpg.7815bce6cf351f9b09d01448a540f2ab.jpg

Some D9s finished their days on the M&GNR.

I made this one from an old McGowan kit (a bit lumpen), making a brass chassis to replace the original cast metal (and very wobbly) one. Geoff Haynes painted it. 

Regards,

Tony. 

That's very interesting Tony. I've felt lately that I tend to make images too light, so with this one, and others, I've taken highlights and brightness down a bit. Yours looks better though, and it is sharper too. Perhaps I overdid it a bit.

1 hour ago, great northern said:

That's very interesting Tony. I've felt lately that I tend to make images too light, so with this one, and others, I've taken highlights and brightness down a bit. Yours looks better though, and it is sharper too. Perhaps I overdid it a bit.

I wouldn't say 'better', Gilbert.

Just slightly different. 

There are two other comparative shots on Wright Writes. 

Regards,

Tony. 

• Like 1