Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, cctransuk said:

Could it be, therefore, that by some means or another you are already registered for over 70s online shopping at Sainsburys?

Perhaps, when you previously (?) registered for online shopping, you were required to give a date of birth.

If so, the system will already know that you are over 70.

Just a thought ......

John Isherwood.

I don't think so John, I can't recollect ever registering with them.

• RMweb Premium

And straight after posting the above, the nice lady did ring back, told me their customer services are dealing with it, that I will have an e-mail within 72 hours, and will be registered as a priority customer within 24 hours after that. So, if I have at some time in the past already done something with them, they will find out. Nice to have some good service for once, especially at at time like this.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Just now, great northern said:

I don't think so John, I can't recollect ever registering with them.

Most odd - I can't think how they can already have your e-mail address. By their very nature, e-mail addresses are unique.

However, and easy test is to try and log onto the Sainsburys website, using your e-mail address. It will ask for your password - which of course you don't believe you have!

Click the Forgotten my Password tab and see what, if any, options it offers you to change your password.

If you are offered any options, use them to change your password - this will tend to indicate that you DID register previously.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Most odd - I can't think how they can already have your e-mail address. By their very nature, e-mail addresses are unique.

However, and easy test is to try and log onto the Sainsburys website, using your e-mail address. It will ask for your password - which of course you don't believe you have!

Click the Forgotten my Password tab and see what, if any, options it offers you to change your password.

If you are offered any options, use them to change your password - this will tend to indicate that you DID register previously.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Tried that John. Immediate response that they are not accepting new registrations, so that seems to confirm I'm not already registered with them. I did try logging in as an existing customer.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, great northern said:

And straight after posting the above, the nice lady did ring back, told me their customer services are dealing with it, that I will have an e-mail within 72 hours, and will be registered as a priority customer within 24 hours after that. So, if I have at some time in the past already done something with them, they will find out. Nice to have some good service for once, especially at at time like this.

As a customer registered some time ago, I was told I was a priority customer via email from the Sainsbury's chairman. I don't recall giving my date-of-birth when I registered, but I think it is included with my Nectar card which my account is linked to.

Anyway Sainsbury's have really sorted things out for us (I'm 75 now but don't really believe it!) and there are plenty of slots available so well worth you pursuing it. Just checked the website before this post and there are free slots for each hour of the day for Thursday, Friday and Saturday (at least for our neck of the woods).. Slots are now only being released a week in advance. Hopefully I won't be having issues with a weekly delivery. Today's delivery had only one unavailable product and there were only 3 substitutions. 

Edited by RFS
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

10 hours ago, great northern said:

You are a contrary lot, you are. I put up that photo of the B1, which I don't rate at all, but you  make it the most popular on the page!  Never mind, this evening you get another A4 to look at. The 6.40 slow KX-Grantham seems to have been regularly hauled by V2s A3s and the occasional A4. This is one of those occasions, and Andrew K will no doubt get a more challenging job when it returns home.

1740420445_331.JPG.865555a5c84a9533c84d1b2eb72a4f55.JPG

Then we have a prime example of light on the  wrong side of the subject for the time of day.

4_3_2.JPG.3fd9690317a10b53ad321ab97fda6967.JPG

Good morning Gilbert 

Thats a lovely photo of A4 60003 framed by the bridge in the background.

To me that front three quarters view show of the A4 Pacific’s at their best.

Your photo are a real tonic in these troubled times.

Regards

David

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

Re B1s and A4s.

I don't see why pictures of the former should be less popular than those of the latter.

After all, a picture of a B1 is only 1/410 (409?) of those possible, while for an A4 the proportion is 1/35 (34?).

Also, I like B1s. I may even remember seeing one! (In the 1950's that is.)

1624 went up Goathland Bank very splendidly with me in the train on 30th November last.

Thank you for the photographs, and the entertainment. Good luck with Sainsburys!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, drmditch said:

Re B1s and A4s.

I don't see why pictures of the former should be less popular than those of the latter.

After all, a picture of a B1 is only 1/410 (409?) of those possible, while for an A4 the proportion is 1/35 (34?).

Also, I like B1s. I may even remember seeing one! (In the 1950's that is.)

1624 went up Goathland Bank very splendidly with me in the train on 30th November last.

Thank you for the photographs, and the entertainment. Good luck with Sainsburys!

It wasn't the subject that bothered me actually, I like B1s too, and have taken some photos of them that I was very happy with. No, I just feel this was a poor effort from the technical point of view.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, great northern said:

It wasn't the subject that bothered me actually, I like B1s too, and have taken some photos of them that I was very happy with. No, I just feel this was a poor effort from the technical point of view.

Even my small number of steam locos I seemed to have acquired four B1s. Also No 19 my carriage heating unit from Hanging Hill. It is an old Replica B1 and sadly has a broken axle but plans are a foot to sort that out and reinstate it in to capital stock.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I have been good this afternoon. Power walked a four mile round trip to a little Waitrose store attached to a filling station. No-one in there except staff, and they were properly partitioned off. So I got some supplies, and very good exercise. Anyone who knows Saxondale island on the A52 will be aware that there is a very steep hill up the old A46 from there.

Having got home, I succumbed to temptation and ordered something quite expensive that doesn't fit in with my layout timeframe at all. So it turned out to be a very costly walk. What is it? You'll have to wait and see.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 4

6 hours ago, great northern said:

I have been good this afternoon. Power walked a four mile round trip to a little Waitrose store attached to a filling station. No-one in there except staff, and they were properly partitioned off. So I got some supplies, and very good exercise. Anyone who knows Saxondale island on the A52 will be aware that there is a very steep hill up the old A46 from there.

Having got home, I succumbed to temptation and ordered something quite expensive that doesn't fit in with my layout timeframe at all. So it turned out to be a very costly walk. What is it? You'll have to wait and see.

Accurascale deltic?

Edited by davidw
  • Funny 1