Bachmann 82xxx

Andy Y

Isnt it time Bachmann improved the jointing of the connecting rods/motion etc ? Hornby do seem to have definite upper hand here.

Look at the screw on the motion on the middle axle, same on on my Bachy standard 4 80000 tank.

Yup though Hornby should follow Bachmann and paint the wheels including the tyre rims. Ah what a beautiful hybrid we could have..

Neither of which would last long on a model of mine anyway but hey ho!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

31-975 No.82029 is now listed as an arrival during the last 30 days on the Bachmann website along with the all green 4CEP! :lol: So how long before the arrrive at model shops? Persnally I reckon at least 1 week.

• RMweb Premium

31-975 No.82029 is now listed as an arrival during the last 30 days on the Bachmann website along with the all green 4CEP! :lol: So how long before the arrrive at model shops? Persnally I reckon at least 1 week.

Rails of Sheffield have now listed 31-975 82029. Looks very nice. http://railsofsheffield.com/news/articles/1257-Bachmann-31-975-standard-class-3mt.aspx

Neil

• RMweb Premium

Nuts to the green one, we needs to see that Southern Region one roll on in :rolleyes:

Ironically I shall be renumbering mine to 82029 but can't use the produced 82029 because of the lamp irons!! Surely a class of 'Standard' locos only numbering forty should be simplier than this!! :lol:

• RMweb Premium

hummmmmmmmmmm maybe Warley or Wigan will see the first of these appear. Its only standard loco I need for my layout. 82029 was the last out of waterloo. That will do nicely for me

I remember train spotting on Waterloo in '67 as this was one of the last places in the south to see steam in action. Happy days.

Archived