Yet another depot layout, new forum

pendlerail

Just got round to moving to this forum, not much development, building the Ratio Loco Hoist nearly finished now tho here it is in place

also started putting a fence around the car park

Progress is slow but I am getting there

Phil

Yet another depot layout

by pendlerail

original page on Old RMweb

??? posted on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi folks, thought I would put my efforts on, my depot has been a long time in the making and has been altered a couple of times,

http://depotlayout.fotopic.net/p56360589.html

This is the view from the Fiddle siding,

http://depotlayout.fotopic.net/p56360590.html

and from the other end

http://depotlayout.fotopic.net/p56360591.html

the Fueling point, haven`t decided between the Knightwing kit or the Bachmann one yet

http://depotlayout.fotopic.net/p56360592.html

the depot building from above

http://depotlayout.fotopic.net/p56360797.html

And Rough plan

took the opportunity of a move round of the room to show with no stock on, It is a DCC layout with NCE powercab, I run anything from 1980's to modern, I thought I am trying to stick more to BR days, let me know what you think, Thanks Phil

??? posted on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:52 pm

Have used miliput for the fueling point track fill, Lighting is on the cards but no signaling as yet, if I do will only be ground signals on the exit roads, have a small collection of kits to build for it. Only just managed to get a dedicated work bench so should speed working up, track is a mix of Hornby and Lima Settrack type stuff, as an experiment for "future projects" am pleased so far. points are controled by Seep point motors and Lenz 150s. this is my 1st attempt at a fully senic railway, had a few trainsets b4 then gave up for about 20 years until I heard DCC at an exibition icon_eek.gif

Phil

??? posted on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:54 pm

not much been happening as you can tell had a bit of time today and added some signs and lights

file.php?id=74627

file.php?id=74628

not wired up yet

??? posted on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:34 pm

It has happened before lol, i was going to use a seperate controller on my workbench but it got lost when moving house so can't afford to purchase another, will just have to be very carefull lol, I have some buffer lights powered from the track so use them to check power to rest of layout for now.

As to the concrete I bought it in a pot from an exibition it comes with lumps in it, may be hard to sand out lol, but it does sometimes catch on one or two of my engines icon_evil.gif

??? posted on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:57 pm

I have a NCE powercab, they do a accesory that turns off the rest of the layout when you put use program track, space is the missing elemenet lol. Its just the way I have always done it, this is really just an experiment to learn what works for me for a possible future layout in a garage

??? posted on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:56 pm

I have Lenz LS150 point decoders, the power cab is my 3rd controller, started off with the Hornby select icon_evil.gif then got a Multimaus but it wouldn't consist so got the Powercab which I am fairly happy with for now lol

??? posted on Tue May 05, 2009 12:13 am

not happy with concrete at the moment, too rough and the trains don't seem to like it. not sure what the answer is at the moment??

could be a lift and relay thing icon_sad.gif

??? posted on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:01 am

Been a while and some things have happened on shed, I now have a car park

file.php?id=101747

and added some lighting, the concrete section has been lifted and relayed too

file.php?id=101748

progress is slow but I do get the odd moment to add stuff, the wall at the back is yet to be fixed in place

Phil

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been doing a bit of stuff on the layout this week, including my fuel unloading point, still much to do but here are some pics so far

Still needs painting and weathering,

also fitted some of Express models excellent Buffer lights

Comments as always are welcome

Phil

i used to live in nelson also! been to newton-le-willows nice if small place. i'm darn sarf now train driving.

Nice progress, i like the concrete effect you have achieed. God forbid I ever re-build my depot again, but may try that next time.

I shoot airguns in Nelson!

Moved away from Nelson because I work for Northern at Man Vic now.

I'm quite pleased with this one third attempt at Concrete, on the layout now I have painted card, milliput and now polyfiller applied after removing the sleepers and gluing the track down.

thanks for the comments,

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Archived