Carrick Road. A few new additions........

BlackRat

• 2 months later...

I recently received a parcel through the post, with the challenge do something with this (a Bachmann Scenecraft signal box, which was broken!).

I wasn't sure what to do, so thought I would make a small diorama of a disused box.........

post-7061-0-33897500-1379094168_thumb.jpg

The lighting isn't very good but you get the idea.

The track..........came 'free', with a certain mark 1 coach!

• Like 9

I recently received a parcel through the post, with the challenge do something with this (a Bachmann Scenecraft signal box, which was broken!).

I wasn't sure what to do, so thought I would make a small diorama of a disused box.........

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The lighting isn't very good but you get the idea.

The track..........came 'free', with a certain mark 1 coach!

I like this and I think similar treatment will be given to my Colne Jct. signal box on which will feature on my Croxley WRD extension.

Nigel

The 'planks' were made from Evergreen strip, with small 'nail holes' drilled with a dental bit.

Bit of weathering and general distressing made up for a pleasant few hours work.

No idea what to do with it now tho!

post-7061-0-58194700-1379101252_thumb.jpg

I like resin buildings, they are a good foundation to start with, and it's amazing how you can add, chop and tweak them!

Edited by BlackRat
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at the pic makes you realise the Skaledale (early versions) still hold their own, but would benefit from a bit of additional work.

Think they need barge boards at least, and possibly some new windows for the right hand cottage.

They didn't cost tht much, if nothing have appreciated in value, and saved me a whole heap of time.

I could never do thatch!

Edited by BlackRat

• 2 years later...

Just realised its about time I posted a few updates as there have been one or two changes.......

So Neil, What are the changes, or has it been demolished? hahha :no:  :no: :no:  :scared:  

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just realised it's been absolutely ages since I posted any pics of the layout........so with a new phone app and remote I took these earlier today.

Sorry for not posting before.....

post-7061-0-06253400-1522613647_thumb.jpg

post-7061-0-11300100-1522613662_thumb.jpg

post-7061-0-48645400-1522613681_thumb.jpg

post-7061-0-78327900-1522613697_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlackRat
  • Like 13

One of the great advantages of the resin buildings, is the fact that they are grandchild proof, more or less, and whilst quite a few of the scratchbuilt structures have succumbed..........these things can even be leaned on by a hearty 4 year old.......no worries!

As for etched brass footbridges.........

I couldn't imagine not sharing the layout with my grandson, and at almost 5, he is getting there.

He can run the trains sensibly, change the points and can almost uncouple without knocking a few wagons over.

Happy days!

Edited by BlackRat
  • Like 2

Hi Neil

Nice to see more pics of Carrick Road......

Hopefully your grandchild will stay interested & you can rebuild/repair any damage.....

New layout....Did I miss something....

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill, alls good mate! The new layout has been delayed ......by my back op last year, shakey hand syndrome due to prolapsed discs in my neck ( hence changing back to tension locks from 3 links) and waiting on the Bullhead rail.

Yup I know, I could build it ......but still busy slowly building up the O, tho I did crack and actually bought a rtr 08!

The time saved meant I could crack on and finish most of the clay hoods, as well as a couple of other 7mm Freightman kits which have been hanging around for almost as long as I have!

Ive got rid of most of the brass signals as well, we have a set of steps that the lad uses, and often leans over and the thought of him falling on one.......

So the layout is now reasonably childproof, tho he does rather like running the O gauge stuff on a test track on the kitchen table!!!!

• Like 2