Dart Castings/Montys

Gene

Gents, I'm wondering if anybody on this forum has made any purchases from Dart Castings/ Montys Models in the past month or two?

I ask because I made an online order with them on June 11th and received confirmation that my order had been received and the Paypal payment was completed also. I still haven't received my order and my e-mail queries are going unanswered, which is starting to give me some concern.

I understand that its a smallish business and the folks that are involved have real jobs but not replying to customers emails is not on.

Does anybody here have any knowledge as to the situation at Dart?

Cheers

Gene

• RMweb Gold

When placing an order please bear with us and allow the stated 21 days to pass before contacting us to follow it up. It's easy to forget that behind the website we are still a traditional 'cottage industry' not a big warehouse operation and we sometimes need to make items up specifically for orders.

Does say 21 days perhaps it is because you are across the pond.

Regards,

Nick

• RMweb Premium

I brought Monty's figures off them at York this year (Easter). I would have thought you may have heard from them after 38 days, if they need to manufacture your figures before posting.

• RMweb Gold

Nick -

Knowing how long it takes to post small items across the pond, I'm with Gene on this. 6 weeks isn't on! By way of comparison, I placed an order last Sunday with Fox Transfers, paid on their secure credit card site, and received my goods on Thursday! Most "cottage industrialists" I've done business with across the Atlantic are very good, and swift..

Brinkly/Nick..I did wait longer than the 21 days Dart requests days before trying to contact them, more like 30 days...and their phone # on the website seems to be out of order.

Normally orders from the UK take 4-10 days to reach me once its been shipped from the supplier.

Believe me, I understand they are a "cottage industry"...but I am a bit concerned that they haven't replied to my emails asking the status of my order, which they have been paid in full for since June 12th.

On top of which, when they confirmed reciept of my order this was included:

"Please allow 21 working days for us to dispatch your order. We are usually much quicker than this but we do sometimes run out of parts or have to cast items especially. If we are going to take longer than this we will contact you."

• RMweb Gold

I would not wait for an email reply.

I have emailed them 3 times since Christmas re a temporary out of stock item and never had a response.

I have dealt with them face to face at exhibition and have always been pleased with the service there.

I am just going to wait until the next time I see them to ask my question as obviously email does not either get checked or work properly.

Of course another possibility is that they have sent your items and they have got lost, they will not know that until you contact them, which of course is part of the issue if they do not use email and their number is not working. Only other way is to write to them or find someone that will see them at exhibition to ask the question for you.

EDIT

I just rang their number and although noone answered it rang through ok.

They do say evenings and weekends only, did you get the time difference adjusted ok?

If you want to PM me your order number and some details I can ask them if I get through if you like?

Checking e-mails, or rather not checking them, does seem to be their weak spot. I wanted to buy some bits'n'pieces from them at St Albans but about half were out of stock. I printed out the unanswered e-mails and took them to Nottingham, two months later, where a full and frank discussion ensued, my outstanding order was completed and profuse apologies proffered. It appears that they have not learned from this.

Chris

Gents...interestingly I just recieved an email from Richard at Dart Castings apologizeing for the delay in my order and informing me that my order was shipped today...so all is well :D

Gary if you're phone call was responsible thanks very much.

Cheers

Gene

I would not wait for an email reply.

I have emailed them 3 times since Christmas re a temporary out of stock item and never had a response.

I have dealt with them face to face at exhibition and have always been pleased with the service there.

I am just going to wait until the next time I see them to ask my question as obviously email does not either get checked or work properly.

Of course another possibility is that they have sent your items and they have got lost, they will not know that until you contact them, which of course is part of the issue if they do not use email and their number is not working. Only other way is to write to them or find someone that will see them at exhibition to ask the question for you.

EDIT

I just rang their number and although noone answered it rang through ok.

They do say evenings and weekends only, did you get the time difference adjusted ok?

If you want to PM me your order number and some details I can ask them if I get through if you like?

• 2 weeks later...

Well my order arrived today and it was well worth the wait. These figures are very detailed and the castings are crisp and clean...now I just hope my painting skills are up to the job

Cheers

Gene

The last time that I spoke to them in person at a show, I got the response that they were rather amazed at the demand for their products. They are trying as hard as they can as far as I can see. A far better situation than certain ranges that have new owners and some products never see the light of day.

Bernard

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd up this to dish out some praise - Just had excellent customer service after my own mistake.

Tonight I've ordered some SR Platform 'legs' for the layout, but idiotically, put the wrong email address on the order (basically I have one gmail one for work/football and one '@live.co.uk' one for other stuff. They have similar, but not identical bits in front of the @ . Can you see where I'm going with this? - Basically I put the right first bit, and the wrong domain.

Paypal went through OK, so I rang (at 8pm it should be said!) and the phone was answered immediatley and the issue cleared up. Well done Dart Castings!

• RMweb Gold

Dart Castings appeared to be very much alive and well at the Tonbridge Show on Saturday. A young-ish couple manning the stand had a lot of stock, and as I paused, the chap was in earnest conversation with a visitor about new products. Looks healthy to me.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

I thought I'd give these some praise as I ordered some MJT coach buffers last Friday and received them today.No fuss.Website is excellent with Paypal too.Usually visit the stand at Warley but if like me you visit on the Sunday the chances are what you want will be sold out.

I thought I'd give these some praise as I ordered some MJT coach buffers last Friday and received them today.No fuss.Website is excellent with Paypal too.Usually visit the stand at Warley but if like me you visit on the Sunday the chances are what you want will be sold out.

If you're going to Warley, why not E-mail them in advance and ask them to keep whatever you want back for you? I wish I'd done this at Folkestone show, as they only had the one pack of Dowty buffers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Reviving this topic as I ordered some items from Dart on 3 August, which have not arrived and I have had no reply to 2 e-mails. Previous orders were all OK, so I'm disappointed this has gone astray somewhere.

Before I get "nasty" and start involving PayPal, does anybody know of any problems with Dart which may be holding this up?