Dart Castings/Montys

Gene

I received a small package from Dart Castings in July this year. Dropped them an e-mail asking about whether they were still shipping to Australia - as they indicated on their web site that shipping overseas had slowed down. Once they had confirmed all was good with shipping 'down under', my order was filled, shipped and delivered very quickly! The figures are beautifully detailed as well! Will definitely order more.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My order turned up today, so they are busy it would seem as normally here within a week, but guessing with more and more areas moving to Tier 3 theres more of a demand on online ordering. Good to see that even the small places like Dart Castings are busy though

NL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had an email from Nigel at Dart Castings today apologising for the delay with my order. Their suppliers shut down completely for a while and now have a reduced workforce so they are experiencing significant delays getting stock in to meet orders. The new lockdown now in place seems unlikely to help.

• Informative/Useful 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 28/11/2020 at 13:47, robertcwp said:

Had an update today from Dart Castings. They have finally had a delivery of etches so my order is now on the way. Hopefully, others will be too or will be soon.

Woo hoo - some bits that have been out of stock over a year are back in :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

I see there have been previous comments about Dart castings not replying to emails.

Its a shame when a small company like this can’t keep up - possibly a victim of their success.

I emailed last week about on item that was out of stock (Dean GWR carriage buffers) and chased this weekend for a reply.

Im loathed to order anything on line in case it doesn’t arrive 🙁

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

I see there have been previous comments about Dart castings not replying to emails.

Its a shame when a small company like this can’t keep up - possibly a victim of their success.

I emailed last week about on item that was out of stock (Dean GWR carriage buffers) and chased this weekend for a reply.

Im loathed to order anything on line in case it doesn’t arrive 🙁

I had an order arrive last week without issue.

The last I heard on buffers that use a narrow diameter shank is their manufacturer can't make them correctly any more after their business changed hands. As there is still no stock I can only assume that issue hasn't been resolved yet. It's the heads that is the issue, they cast the bodies in-house.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

I had an order arrive last week without issue.

The last I heard on buffers that use a narrow diameter shank is their manufacturer can't make them correctly any more after their business changed hands. As there is still no stock I can only assume that issue hasn't been resolved yet. It's the heads that is the issue, they cast the bodies in-house.

19 minutes ago, pete_mcfarlane said:

Ordered something on Sunday and it turned up on Tuesday. Which surprised me, as I normally expect orders to take a week or two. 

Thanks very much for this guys, I’ll place my order then thank you. 

For the time being I’ll use some Collett carriage buffers…. No one will know!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I finally heard from Nigel at Dart castings last night….

He apologised for the delay in replying which was good, but unfortunately the Dean buffers are unlikely to be stocked again. Although he did say they have found one set….. 

Sprung buffers are currently out of stock, but should be back at some point.

Unfortunately, yesterday I started adding the Collett buffers to the carriage. Although I placed an order with Dart for other bits and pieces for the same project. 

• Like 1