King Georges Hall,

Blackburn,

BB2 1AA

Saturday 17th October 2009 10.00am ??“ 6.00pm

Sunday 18th October 2009 10 00am ??“ 5.00pm

Layouts attending:

Dyna Hyfryd Barmouth BR(GW) N/2mm

Lime Street Liverpool 1948 EM/4mm

Tonbridge West Yard Tonbridge Network SE 00/4mm Last public outing for this layout!

Nettlecombe SW England Early 30??™s 009/4mm

Woodhouse SW Durham 1950-60??™s 0/7mm

Alkham East Kent/BR 1950??™s EM/4mm

Melrose End LMS/LNER 1930/40??™s 00/4mm

Farkham Midlands 1990 00/4mm

Grange Lake district 1985/95 N/2mm

Dyserth Road post 2000 00/4mm

Thomas the tank Sodor 1960 00/4mm

Donegal Donegal 1949/59 00n3/4mm

Agawa Yard Vancouver 1969 HO/3.5mm

Alstetten Germany 2009 N/2mm

Upper Benllech Anglesey 1960/65 00/4mm

Hoglington East Yorkshire 1960??™s N/2mm

Chesfield Tramways UK Trams 1900/60 0/7mm

Also including full trade and demonstration support.

Full details at:

www.belmrs.org.uk

• RMweb Gold

Dyserth Road will be there new management team operating, layout as been completely re-wired with new control panel, unfortunately the scenic and detail work is not complete yet with only a week to go could be still doing a bit on day of exhibition! :icon_frustrated:

• RMweb Premium

Dyserth Road will be there new management team operating, layout as been completely re-wired with new control panel, unfortunately the scenic and detail work is not complete yet with only a week to go could be still doing a bit on day of exhibition! :icon_frustrated:

Nice avatar! Dyserth Road has been nicknamed "Dead Smurf Road"............

I did the re-wire and weighed in the original copper for a few quid!

Looking forward to the mayhem/late nights in the next few dasy to get it ready :icon_yawn: :icon_grumpy: :icon_eek: :icon_mad: :icon_mutter:

Cheers,

Mick

I did the re-wire and weighed in the original copper for a few quid!

Cheers,

Mick

You admitting to being a Scouser now Mick?

I'd love to say VERY tongue in cheek I miss Friday nights at Blackburn show, but I like my pm visits to Blackburn even more now with a stop for lunch at a certain establishment on the Grain Road on our way over to the show, well worth a visit (the show as well as the pub)

• RMweb Gold

Several members have spent today putting up more than seventy road direction signs to the Blackburn Show. :)

Just follow our large "black on yellow" signs from wherever you cross the Blackburn boundary and you will find King Georges Hall quite easily. (Maybe avoid M65 J4 on Sunday pm as Rovers are at home and the ground is adjacent. Use J3, J5 or J6 instead)

Remember that all Blackburn College car parks are FREE on Saturday and Sunday and several are less than a three minute stroll from the Hall. If following our signs you will turn off Montague Street onto Fielden Street, with several College properties in the area.

Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend.

Steve.

• RMweb Premium

I think that I'll be attending this on at least one of the days. Watch out for 2 punters walking around sweating in motorcycle gear!

Stop by the DEMU demo stand on the stage and leave your gear with me - if I'm there and not wandering around!

Just been working on Dead Smurf tonight fixing a couple of extra lights to the layout. Busy at the mo trying to finish a couple of items of stock for it.

Cheers,

Mick

Guest Digital

Stop by the DEMU demo stand on the stage and leave your gear with me - if I'm there and not wandering around!

Just been working on Dead Smurf tonight fixing a couple of extra lights to the layout. Busy at the mo trying to finish a couple of items of stock for it.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick,

Hope the show is a success and good luck to the New Dyserth Road on it's first outing.

John

• RMweb Gold

Each year the Blackburn society builds a small layout and donates it to Radio Lancashire for their Children In Need appeal. Each year's project is possible only due to the generous sponsorship of Hornby Railways.

This year they have come up with a really special package. The layout is based on Hornby's East Coast Pullman DCC starter set.

This comprises:

LNER B12 Class locomotive

2 x Pullman First Class Parlour Cars

1 x Pullman Parlour Brake Car

LNER 0-6-0 Class J52 Locomotive

Tanker Wagon

7 Plank Wagon

LNER 12 ton Vent Van

Track 3rd Radius Starter Oval

Track Extension Pack A R8221

Track Extension Pack B R8222

Power Track R8241

Hornby Select Digital Controller R8213

Hornby TrakMat R8217

together with all the TrackPacks and Buildings to complete the TrackMat

The society provides the rigid baseboard of plywood on a softwood frame and all the extra scenic materials.

This week Albert Wilkinson has led several members working on the layout in the Radio Lancashire studios on Darwen Street, Blackburn. You can call in to see the layout and chat to our members during the day.

On Friday October 16th, the completed layout will be moved to King Georges Hall, Blackburn to become Stand Number One in our 44th Annual Exhibition. It will be on display opposite the ticket sales booth at the entrance. Exhibition open Saturday 17th, 10:00 to 18:00 and Sunday 18th, 10:00 to 17:00.

After the show, the layout will be donated to Radio Lancashire who will then auction it for Children In Need in November. Keep listening to Radio Lancashire for more information and how to bid. Remember the value of the component parts of the layout is in excess of ??600. What a great opportunity for someone to give a youngster a flying start in this lifelong hobby of ours!

The following photos, by Colin Hey our President were taken in Radio Lancashire this week:

post-3984-12555466538154_thumb.jpg

Noel Coates hard at work

post-3984-12555466667197_thumb.jpg

Derek Barter giving Noel a hand

post-3984-12555466771894_thumb.jpg

Albert Wilkinson joins in as well

post-3984-12555466416336_thumb.jpg

The fruits of all their labour to date..... :)

Steve Hewitt

Chairman

Blackburn & East Lancs MRS

• RMweb Gold

Guess who came to see the lads in Radio Lancashire today?

No less than Gordon Brown. Unfortunately, he wasted most of his time there talking with some presenter on the lunchtime chat show, so only had time to say "Hello" to our gallant band of volunteers.

His small army of minders stood outside on the pavement with their noses pressed up against the window, watching the Children In Need layout taking shape.

Steve.

Just a reminder - this is your very last chance to see "Tonbridge West Yard"

7-5-5 will be rung out on Sunday at 5pm sad.gif

Cheers,

Mick

I'm gutted that I will miss this, only managed to see it a few times but each time was a delight to watch. Was hoping to get to the show but got to go to a 30th in Surrey and drink beer instead !

Anyway, good luck to the Blackburn lads and ladies and hope you have a cracking show!

Cheers

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Archived