Taunton 10th/11th October

The Fatadder

• RMweb Gold

The Taunton exhibition is this weekend. Seem to remember in the past this was quite a good show, with a good mix of trade & layouts. (there is a full list here)

Richard Huish College,

South Road,

Taunton,

TA1 3DZ

I'm planning to come along on Sunday (making a nice stop off on my way driving back to Buckingham from Devon), should give ample time for a bit of shopping (well it is my Birthday on Tuesday!) along with offering Dave some abuse help on Deltic Avenue.

Is anyone else planing on going?

edit: to add the date to the title...

I will be going tomorrow, hopefully get there ready for the doors to open. I managed to avoid the wedding fair that the other half wanted to do.. Any reviews from those who visited the exhibition today? (I mean the model railway one not the wedding one)rolleyes.gif

I visited the Taunton show on Saturday and it was as excellent as ever. The limits of the venue were starting to show though, with crowding in the small rooms becoming ridiculous. Next year they are moving to Taunton School instead, so hopefully that will solve that problem.

I've uploaded a selection of my photos to the new Gallery, though annoyingly my camera battery and spare ran out early in the day so there are not as many as I would have liked to take.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

I visited the Taunton show on Saturday and it was as excellent as ever. The limits of the venue were starting to show though, with crowding in the small rooms becoming ridiculous. Next year they are moving to Taunton School instead, so hopefully that will solve that problem.

I've uploaded a selection of my photos to the new Gallery, though annoyingly my camera battery and spare ran out early in the day so there are not as many as I would have liked to take.

Paul

Thanks for the pics, I was unfortunately 'green carded' as my cold turned very nasty so it's nice to see what I missed.

• RMweb Premium

Paul

A new beginning from me on the new site , now how do I get a reputation ??? unsure.gif

I made it there too , as Paul says it was a bit crowded , some great layouts to be seen if you were able to wait for a gap ,

I only met one RMWeb member and he was busy operating Hennock so could not spend to much time chatting , seems

several others were there but with no means of knowing who you were . A good day though even if I did come home a

bit , ok a lot , lighter in the wallet . icon_cry.gif

Yes, living just 10 miles away I would loved to have gone but had a call from a couple of pals who were there and said not to bother (Sunday) as it was heaving and you couldn't get to see very much at all. They said it was totally over subscribed with people, so reluctantly decided against it. I have a real problem with huge crowds and get panicky.

Mike

Went on Sunday, wasn't too crowded which made it quite pleasant as the narrow corridors can make for a lot of bumpimg.

Some good layouts, favorite was probably Frome North.

Be interesting to see what the new venue is like next year.

A new beginning from me on the new site , now how do I get a reputation ??? unsure.gif

I only met one RMWeb member and he was busy operating Hennock so could not spend to much time chatting , seems

several others were there but with no means of knowing who you were .

Umm...... My layout was next to Hennock (Red River) and I've got an RM Web fridge magnet on the front proclaiming my membership!! Better luck next time :-)

Tony Comber

• RMweb Premium

Umm...... My layout was next to Hennock (Red River) and I've got an RM Web fridge magnet on the front proclaiming my membership!! Better luck next time :-)

Tony Comber

Well to quote Homer , Dohhh . blush.gif

Sorry Tony , I tend to look at the layout more than the supports , thats the main intrest point I suppose . I think members need to be more visible , I have only been on here a couple of months so I cant put screen names and layouts together yet , and I only knew about Hennock as it was posted in the exhibition thread for Taunton .

Maybe you could get it mentioned in the guide , you know , RMWebber layout . icon_e_biggrin.gif

Will definately look for you at other exhibitions now I know . icon_thumbsup2.gif

• RMweb Premium

I took a few photos at Taunton, mainly of Rowlands Castle and Penhallik.

I have put them up on Picasa web albums at this address: Taunton photos

Nice photos , those were the same layouts as caught my eye , well presented and good attention to detail , operating nicely too .

• RMweb Gold

A squadron from South Devon waters will be paying a visit on the Saturday.... :)

Did you make it Tim? Kim and I were at the end of a corridor on a bridge with Highbury but we didn't see you :( This was our first visit to the Taunton show and although the venue left a bit to be desired we had a great weekend and the host club looked after us very well. We also won a pot which was very nice

Jerry (Highbury Colliery)

Nice photos , those were the same layouts as caught my eye , well presented and good attention to detail , operating nicely too .

Thanks, I took the photos without flash to avoid blinding anyone, so they are not quite as sharp as I would have liked, but clear enough anyway!

Lovely layouts, and as you say operated nicely.

Archived