Kitmaster Midland Blue Pullman

Hi

I've just started a project to build up a Midland 6-car Blue Pullman set in 00 and have so far acquired a Kitmaster 4-car set comprising the 2x Driving cars, 1x Kitchen and 1x Parlour. The set has no motor bogies so I'm thinking of fitting 1x or maybe 2x Black Beetles.

I have 2 questions, so far(!):

1. Can anyone advise me where to get the correct bogie frames that I can then fit to the Black Beetle(s)?

2. Apart from eBay, does anyone know where I might be able to obtain the additional Kitchen & Parlour cars that I need to complete the 6-car set?

Thanks in advance for any advice / assistance. It's just my luck that Bachmann have announced their new set just after I started the purchase of these Kitmaster units!!

Try contacting the Kitmaster Collectors Club for spares and other information via the response form.

Thank You for looking.

Terry.

Hi Terry - thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately the Response Form crashes with an HTTP500 error as soon as you press the Submit button. I've tried three of four times today and all with the same results.

Seeing you are relatively close to the Kitmaster Collectors Club, maybe you can fix this for them - or maybe you know a man who can!!?!

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I've just started a project to build up a Midland 6-car Blue Pullman set in 00 and have so far acquired a Kitmaster 4-car set comprising the 2x Driving cars, 1x Kitchen and 1x Parlour. The set has no motor bogies so I'm thinking of fitting 1x or maybe 2x Black Beetles.

I have 2 questions, so far(!):

1. Can anyone advise me where to get the correct bogie frames that I can then fit to the Black Beetle(s)?

2. Apart from eBay, does anyone know where I might be able to obtain the additional Kitchen & Parlour cars that I need to complete the 6-car set?

Thanks in advance for any advice / assistance. It's just my luck that Bachmann have announced their new set just after I started the purchase of these Kitmaster units!!

I'd say it would be worth putting a wanted post on the classifieds board here, and keeping an eye on Ebay. I suspect once the Bachmann announcement gets out the prices may fall (and there is a fair chance that people will start selling up their kitmaster pullmans prior to the Bachmann one arriving.)

Hi Terry - thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately the Response Form crashes with an HTTP500 error as soon as you press the Submit button. I've tried three of four times today and all with the same results.

Seeing you are relatively close to the Kitmaster Collectors Club, maybe you can fix this for them - or maybe you know a man who can!!?!

Write to the Club Secretary:

Stephen Knight

Club Secretary

109 Head Street

Halstead

Essex

CO9 2AZ

...and inform him that the website response form doesn't work. You can also get your other queries in about spares at the same time.

Which type of bogie frame do you need, I assume the heavy type.

I have almost enough Kitmaster bogies for a whole six car unit (I'm short of a couple of non-powered light ones) but I have surplus heavy type.

I have numerous surplus parts from a dismantled Kitmaster 6 car set together with varous other parts from additional kits, including some Chris Leigh cast sideframes. Like you I was going to rebuild into a new project but the new technology of the Bachmann release is going to leave this on the shelf! If any body cares to PM me with their specific requirements I will try and help out otherwise it may go as a job lot on ebay.

• RMweb Premium

Write to the Club Secretary:

Stephen Knight

Club Secretary

109 Head Street

Halstead

Essex

CO9 2AZ

...and inform him that the website response form doesn't work. You can also get your other queries in about spares at the same time.

I have just spoken to the Kitmaster Club Secretary "Stephen Knight " about aforementioned web site.

Unfortunately he is unable to recertify the problem as he has no access the web site, as it was supposed to be maintained by some else. So all he dose is pay to keep the web site active.

He has said that if there are any RMweb members wish to contact him by post at the above address, Or email him at Kitmaster Collectors Club

I hope that this is of help to everyone.

Terry.

Hi

Thanks to all who have responded so far but particulaly to Random, giz and BrushVeteran for their particular help.

I now need to know which Black Beetle to fit to the motor cars - I saw someone suggest elsewhere that it shoulld be a 38mm x 14mm?

Any other suggestions, chaps?

Many thanks

• 8 months later...

I have numerous surplus parts from a dismantled Kitmaster 6 car set together with varous other parts from additional kits, including some Chris Leigh cast sideframes. Like you I was going to rebuild into a new project but the new technology of the Bachmann release is going to leave this on the shelf! If any body cares to PM me with their specific requirements I will try and help out otherwise it may go as a job lot on ebay.

hi do you still have eny of the above spares i am looking for some compleat kitmaster power bogies to finish my brothers 6 car set off

Archived