Somewhere in Cornwall...

Northpoint

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Very nice little layout,

Errrr, the point in your photo looks very much like it has been built from copper clad, and the plan and photos just show the one point??????

Gordon A

Bristol

Well spotted, Gordon. That was just for trial purposes - when the track was finally stuck down, a Peco code 75 point was used.

Here's a not-very-good picture of it:

given how well hidden the point is by the platform you could almost argue that it would have been a waste of time to build one!

• 4 weeks later...

post-6943-128291576949_thumb.jpg

The 'yellow' light in this picture does look atmospheric, though; like early morning/ summer evening to me though; the first or last train of the day... B) :)

Hello i do like this picture what product did you use for the trees they look very good i could just see a class 22 with hoods rumble through the station:D

cheers

Hello i do like this picture what product did you use for the trees they look very good i could just see a class 22 with hoods rumble through the station:D

cheers

Thanks for your feedback.

The trees are on a flat piece of board cut to profile and then covered with rubberised horsehair which has been sprayed with glue and sprinkled with ground foam.

I am just waiting for the release of the Dapol class 22 ..... :D

Ian - I deliberately took that picture against the garden shed as I thought it would contrast against my trees - I thought my trees got lost with the real trees in the background! :)

But you're right, they do blend in quite well.

I'm intrigued by your sloping background idea. What sort of incline would you envisage and how much space might it take up?

Hello this is a great little layout i was wondering what product you used to make the trees they look very good also like the idea of no backscene just trees looks good.

thanxs

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

... the layout has been accepted by Railway Modeller for publkication, probably in October.

Great stuff. Should inspire a few of those folks who say they don't have room for a layout. :)

Cheers

Dave

• 3 months later...

Love this layout - exactly the sort of thing I had in mind! But now someone else has built it (and done a better job than I would have done no doubt) perhaps I should encourage the thoughts I've been having about Newmarket and that Bachmann class 105, an 03 and a couple of the new Grainflow wagons which are now on the way?

Love this layout - exactly the sort of thing I had in mind! But now someone else has built it (and done a better job than I would have done no doubt) perhaps I should encourage the thoughts I've been having about Newmarket and that Bachmann class 105, an 03 and a couple of the new Grainflow wagons which are now on the way?

Thanks for the feedback.

For anybody wisihing to see it live, come to Bloxwich, near Walsall, on Saturday, 14th May.

See http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/4228-St_Johns_Methodist_Church_Model_Railway_Exhibition

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes - well worth a look!

Incidently, Nick, I take it they (RM) let you know in advance when they're going to publish a submitted article? I've done a write-up for a certain "very black" (your description!!) layout of mine for CM; they have been most interested, but I've not heard anything since I submitted the article and pics back in July....

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived