Magazine Article: Detailing and modifying the Bachmann V2

I can vaguely recall an article, probably by Tony Wright, on detailing and modifying the Bachmann LNER Class V2 2-6-2. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it amongst my magazines or those in the club's extensive collection.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this article please (or any other similar article !) ?

As usual, all help will be gratefully received.

Ian

Tony Wright wrote a couple of articles a few years back about upgrading the Nu-Cast V2 and a rather infamous article on building the Pro-Scale V2...

I've got file copies somwhere. I seem to recall Stephen Barnfield was also involved in construction of the ProScale V2....

I've got file copies somwhere. I seem to recall Stephen Barnfield was also involved in construction of the ProScale V2....

They both wrote up their own accounts - leading ultimately to the entire range being withdrawn rather quickly...

Thanks for the information chaps, but I'm specifically after the article(s) concerning the Bachmann V2.

But the TW article on the Nu-Cast V2 would be very useful as it looks at the Branchlines chassis which can also be used with the Bachmann body.

I think that's a typo Theakerr - it is indeed in Sept 2000 MODEL RAIL

Seems to be the only article I have got, though I remember the infamous Nucast/Proscale double build by Messrs Wright and Barnfield.

Kevin

Archived