Frankland: N gauge Southern Railway

Southernboy

• RMweb Premium

Thanks...

The 1910 B type is one of the vehicles I am interested in...so will watch any developments in that department with interest.

The SL set will produce some challenges, not least the bow-type pantographs - although I may have found some suitable from a Japanese supplier that could be modified - and the painting (Marsh umber and cream by that time). Japan would also be origin of the motor...Tomix provide an adjustable motor chassis, one of which is a base length scale 19 metres.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I really do enjoy your update's Southernboy,

Absolutely Fantastic, Your attention to detail is brilliant and those buildings look superb, I especially like the masking tap for the roofs, simple yet very effective. 

This has to be one of my favourite layout's on RMweb. Well done indeed sir.

Graham.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I lived in a parade of shops next to a parade of shops just like that a few years ago.  What an amazing model!  Its completely London and just like the old pictures, well done sir!

And the T9 is pretty cool too :D

Simon

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello Mark

Thanks for a splendid New Year's update! 

You're making great progress, and the layout is coming together very nicely indeed.  I love the way you tie all the different elements together to create a coherent and fully rounded vision.  And the way you present your updates makes it really feel like we are being invited to step into a completely believable world!

What's the next area you're planning to develop?

cheers

Ben A.

Discovering a new update is like stumbling upon a new novel by a favourite author.

I have run out of words to suitably express either your staggering modelling skills, or my enjoyment of reading about your progress.

N gauge sausages - who would ever have expected to see those modelled...

David

• Like 5