Pictures of Bridport Town

Arthur Budd

• RMweb Premium

Bridport and Charmouth survived the Shepton Mallet experience, and it was great to see everyone again.  Although the day was tinged with sadness as it was the final show, it went out with a bang, being the biggest and probably the best show Howard and the team had put on.

Time to dust off Bridport again, for the trip to Helston next weekend.  Full details here:  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/117559-cornish-model-railway-exhibition-april-2017/

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Bridport is awakening from it's slumbers, and receiving some cleaning and de-cobwebbing prior to the Uckfield trip next weekend.

I've spotted a few small areas of damage to be sorted out as well.

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Dave

Will Bridport or Charmouth be making any outings in 2018??

Yes indeed Martyn,

Charmouth is scheduled for Trainwest at Corsham, this coming April:  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/121746-trainwest-2018-14-15-april/

Bridport is booked for the Taunton Show in October.

That's all for the moment, but there may be others.

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Bridport is awakening from it's slumbers, and receiving some cleaning and de-cobwebbing prior to the Uckfield trip next weekend.

I've spotted a few small areas of damage to be sorted out as well.

Cheers, Dave.

Yes indeed Martyn,

Charmouth is scheduled for Trainwest at Corsham, this coming April:  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/121746-trainwest-2018-14-15-april/

Bridport is booked for the Taunton Show in October.

That's all for the moment, but there may be others.

Cheers, Dave.

Indeed it was just the two shows for this year.   Its exactly a year since Bridport last went out, and with Taunton only a few days away, is undergoing cleaning and de-cobwebbing.  

Several shows booked for next year though.

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Had a really good weekend at Taunton, (as discussed on the Taunton thread) and when I got off the controller I spent some time playing around with this new-fangled Iphone thingy.

Not bad at all, especially considering the lighting.

post-5825-0-02480500-1541181203_thumb.jpg

post-5825-0-22204300-1541181222_thumb.jpg

post-5825-0-85090500-1541181231_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave

Which shows are you attending in 2019?

Rgds

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

Next year, Bridport Town will be at Wimrail, Wimborne 16, 17 March, http://www.wimrail.org.uk/index.html

Then there is the 40th Anniversary of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association:

Bridport will be at the AGM, taking place at the SWING Exhibition, Littlehampton on 18th May.

Charmouth will be at the Special 40th Exhibition in Burton on Trent on 8th June.

Later in the year, Charmouth has been invited to Uckfield in October, but not yet confirmed.  

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Here's a couple more photos from my Iphone testing:

post-5825-0-21799800-1541276315_thumb.jpg

post-5825-0-29276000-1541276295_thumb.jpg

post-5825-0-63026600-1541276306_thumb.jpg

Oddly, some of the Iphone photos would not allow any editing on the pc, and it took a bit of fiddling to get round this.

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

I do like the Baldwin... what is the nominal gauge of the layout? I’d thought, from some of the earlier pieces about coaches that it might be nominally 3’ (like Southwold) but the Baldwin suggests 2’3” or 2’6”?

The intended gauge of the railway is a bit vague!  The layout is 16.5, which equates to 2'4", but the stock is based on a number of different prototypes.  You're right, there is quite a strong 3' influence, with wagons based on the Southwold, Irish-style vans, and Isle of Man coaches.  The goods vans are Irish in style only, size-wise they match the rest of the stock.  

The way my modelling has evolved, sticking with 16.5 gauge was the right thing to do.  A while ago I did seriously consider converting everything to 14mm, but decided the IoM coaches would look a bit silly!

Cheers, Dave.

The intended gauge of the railway is a bit vague!  The layout is 16.5, which equates to 2'4", but the stock is based on a number of different prototypes.  You're right, there is quite a strong 3' influence, with wagons based on the Southwold, Irish-style vans, and Isle of Man coaches.  The goods vans are Irish in style only, size-wise they match the rest of the stock.  

The way my modelling has evolved, sticking with 16.5 gauge was the right thing to do.  A while ago I did seriously consider converting everything to 14mm, but decided the IoM coaches would look a bit silly!

Cheers, Dave.

0n16.5 is a very handy combination, I think...

Hi Martyn,

Next year, Bridport Town will be at Wimrail, Wimborne 16, 17 March, http://www.wimrail.org.uk/index.html

Then there is the 40th Anniversary of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association:

Bridport will be at the AGM, taking place at the SWING Exhibition, Littlehampton on 18th May.

Charmouth will be at the Special 40th Exhibition in Burton on Trent on 8th June.

Later in the year, Charmouth has been invited to Uckfield in October, but not yet confirmed.  

Cheers, Dave.

Dave

Many thanks for this.  Wimborne is certainly in range for me, and Uckfield as well if the invite goes ahead.

Regards

Martyn

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi,

I am calling a halt to this particular thread.  It was started very kindly by Arthur Budd several years ago, but it not being in my ownership has caused some issues.  Therefore I have started a new thread on Bridport Town here:  Bridport Town, Carrying On  under my ownership and in the Layouts section.  All further post will be there, and Andy has kindly moved the recent constructional posts over there as well.

All the best, Dave.T

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1