Glenuig

sixteen 12by 10s

Gary

Glad to say I finally got to see Glenuig 'in the flesh' so to speak on Saturday - and it more than lived upto expectations.

Speaks volumes that I never got chance to say hello with the volume of people at the layout.

One of those layouts that both inspire me to improve my own skills and also take me back to the many days spent in the highlands in the 1980s.

Hope you enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing the layout again in the not too distant future.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

thanks Gordon highlander :yes: , I have been exhibiting the layout for over 3 years, and it still amazes me the response it gets. Just over 5 years ago, I sketched out what was to become Glenuig, outside a cottage on a Skye on a perfect day when I had an hangover, I never thought that it would become so popular. Exhibition number 20 lived up to all the expectations and more, thanks to all who took a look, the seagulls have certainly caused a flap.

From here, first a rest, then finish my 0-16.5 Dewinton, required for Stafford show next year, and then back to the Bridge of Orchy project, oh, and a full size 37 and 40 to finish off.

Next outing (I think) Liverpool 25-26/04/15  

• RMweb Gold

You were barely visible a couple of times I passed due to crowds so I guess it went well :) the seagulls certainly drew a few comments. Glad I had time to absorb it at DEMU so just a quick look Saturday after I saw you and said hello and thought must find Glenuig!

You were barely visible a couple of times I passed due to crowds so I guess it went well :) the seagulls certainly drew a few comments. Glad I had time to absorb it at DEMU so just a quick look Saturday after I saw you and said hello and thought must find Glenuig!

Thanks Paul, i couldn't believe the crowds round me on Saturday, i was getting upset because i couldn't see the 5" gauge Western on the other side!. Glenuig is now back in its usual storage space, for a few months, and then again it will be time to evict the spiders, and feed the birds, but for now, which one of the 20,000 gave me this bloody cold! 

post-7480-0-00523300-1417039029_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Gary,

Sorry I didn't  get round to see you whilst at Warley but we were both ' bowled ' over by the response to 'Kinlochewe' at Warley - fact is spent most of the time looking over the backscene. Glad I got the chance to see Glenuig at Glasgow last time.

Bill.

Bill, I never caught up with you, I managed one and a half hours to see the whole show! And had to cherry pick the exhibits I wanted to see. You never know, there might be another chance to catch up with Glenuig in the north before I finally pull the plug, and there's no sign of that at the moment

Gary

Will look forward to that :no: !

Cheers, Bill

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Glenuig is without doubt my favourite of all the Scottish-themed layouts I've seen over the last few years. It is perfect in every way and an inspiration. Well done.

I saw it 'in the flesh' at one of the DEMU shows and it lived up to expectations.

Hi hoffers, thanks for the kind comments Glenuig has now attended 28 shows!. when i built it some 8 years ago, i would never have had dreamed that it would have become this successful, it still gets  more invites to shows that i can accommodate in a year.  i will use this opportunity to say to anyone building a layout for the exhibition circuit, build something that is achievable, and do it well.

anyway, news on the 2mm project Bridge of Orchy, the original was scraped a few weeks ago, but from the ashes has risen Bridge of Orchy 2, i will report.  

Edited by sixteen 12by 10s
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...