Rannoch Moor

MRDBLUE17

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mark,

Great pics, the layout is looking superb, all those extra little details really make a difference.

What number is your Black 5? We went for a day out on the Jacobite when we were over last year. There are a  couple of pics on my Flickr site.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Never mind the trains!

This is the shot that conveys the whole feel of the area for me!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82110268@N06/8251435651/

Thanks

• Like 2

Thanks Peter glad you like it. It's 44932 Got it last year at Glasgow show split from the Hornby pack based on a WCRC loco although all the photos I have found of it are not on the WHL. I've added real coal, a suitable crew and a few extra current overhead flashes and some light sooty weathering. I'll add some photos of it when I get chance.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Peter glad you like it. It's 44932 Got it last year at Glasgow show split from the Hornby pack based on a WCRC loco although all the photos I have found of it are not on the WHL. I've added real coal, a suitable crew and a few extra current overhead flashes and some light sooty weathering. I'll add some photos of it when I get chance.

Hi Mark,

44932 is quite OK for the West Highland!

Several occasions, several railtours over the years.

Something like this...

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6209/6133814289_bcfdf13b83_z.jpg

Glasgow Central.

or this:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37542644@N04/6144069109/

Nr Beattock

Thanks

Edited by Scottish Modeller
  • Like 1

Hi Mark,

Those extra details really do make a huge difference. The stage you're at now is probably my favourite stage of layout building, where it all comes together.

We've booked our tickets for MRS if you need a couple of extra drivers to help out on the Saturday by the way!

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 2

Thanks for those links Phil - that first one especially as I need to add a screw link and extra air pipe.

Hi Dave - quite agree with you. You don't feel like it makes much difference but you want things to blend in and add life. I think there was about 100 flowering weeds added one night. I'm glad you can make it up and of course you and Helena are very welcome to play for as long as you want.

See you at the show.

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Never mind the trains!

This is the shot that conveys the whole feel of the area for me!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82110268@N06/8251435651/

Thanks

Thanks Phil,

We had a great time in Scotland, the wife really loved it. It was her idea to do the steamer to Mallaig. We were lucky with the weather too it only rained the day we headed back down South.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Hi Alex, thanks for your very kind comments. I did enjoy seeing Kev's 1980's stock running on the layout for a bit at Barrow show back in October but I just don't have enough for that era/region. The Boxenby fleet could could cover some trains.

Bill I will look forward to catching up at Glasgow and I might let you run a loco or two!

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

Hi Mate

I love the back scene of the clouds, I take it they are of real clouds then stiched together... it looks great for taking photos... you dont have to use Pain Shop Pro later on... lol

I would love to make it to the scottish exhibition... and do a scotland weekend all in one go... I've wanted to attend for the last few years....

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7
  • Like 1

Hi Jamie,

Hope you can make it up and please come and say hello as its always nice to put a face to the names on here. The back scene is the plain sky photographic prints from Gaugemaster. They are very good value with around 9 foot in a tube for about £7-8.

Thanks

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I did enjoy seeing Kev's 1980's stock running on the layout for a bit at Barrow show back in October but I just don't have enough for that era/region.

Ha, they are available for hire Mark!  Mind you, I dont think I have enough to fill your fiddle yard. Good look with Glasgow show, I will be at the opposite end of our rock in Brighton with Coppell! Kev.

• Like 1

Thanks Kev, have fun in Brighton that's a long trek from Barrow.

Thanks James, hope you like it when you see it!

Should really think about packing up the stock in the next few days although still adding bits. The WCRC rake has been detailed just 2 coaches to weather and Transfers added tonight. Need to add front end detail to another 37 and 67 and a few reeds to plant.

Also by popular demand Rannoch will be once again going back to the 80's on the Sunday at Glasgow with stock provided from DEMU/Scottish modellers members that will be helping operate at the show.

Look forward to seeing you then!

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Mark are you really going to let loose that 'mad bunch ' of DEMU's on your'e lovely layout :O  :O !

Bill.

Hi Bill,

No problem...

The 'Mad DEMU's' plus some RMWeb members will be running trains and providing the full support crew for Mark.

I won't be - I'll be too busy in the Treaurers Office again.....

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks Kev, have fun in Brighton that's a long trek from Barrow.

Thanks James, hope you like it when you see it!

Should really think about packing up the stock in the next few days although still adding bits. The WCRC rake has been detailed just 2 coaches to weather and Transfers added tonight. Need to add front end detail to another 37 and 67 and a few reeds to plant.

Also by popular demand Rannoch will be once again going back to the 80's on the Sunday at Glasgow with stock provided from DEMU/Scottish modellers members that will be helping operate at the show.

Look forward to seeing you then!

Thanks

Mark

That's good news, Mark. Some proper trains to run again.

Only four more sleeps to go now.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Carl,

will look forward to seeing that through Rannoch as it looks superb from the photos on here!

Final tweaks nearly complete a few passengers on the platform added just need to add a can of tennents for the drunk! Gillian said look youve added a drunk man so might as well complete the scene! Reeds added to the stream, deer a fox and a little bit of vegetation and its done.

Dave - I might even change the road vehicles on the Sunday too now I have a few suitable ones for the next layout just to complete the scene! Come and play when you want at the show!

Look forward to seeing you all at Glasgow!

Mark