Rannoch Moor

MRDBLUE17

Hi Bill,

No problem...

The 'Mad DEMU's' plus some RMWeb members will be running trains and providing the full support crew for Mark.

I won't be - I'll be too busy in the Treaurers Office again.....

Thanks

So that's how you finance your hobby :nono:  :sarcastichand: .

Bill

Hi Mark,

Good to see you again yesterday and catch up. Hope you had a good operating day today.

Here are a few hastily taken shots late yesterday that I thought you and everyone might like to see...

The sleeper arrives wrong line.

Rumours that an eight-year old had been left in charge of both signalling and driving have officially been refuted by ScotRail as laughable. Other rumours that the eight-year old was the best signalman/driver on duty late yesterday afternoon have also been refuted by her dad as laughable...

post-7247-0-90343100-1361733236_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-83224600-1361733175_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-38277000-1361733195_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-15448400-1361733216_thumb.jpg

Will be in touch.

Cheers for now,

Dave

• Like 9

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sharing those photos Dave - those sprung points on the WHL do fail from time to time might explain the wrong line working! And thanks for running the trains on Saturday afternoon you both did an excellent job.

Many thanks for all the kind comments, great to meet a good number from on here at the show and glad you liked the layout really makes it worthwhile taking out. The organising team did a great job and the show had a lot of stunning layouts to see.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

A nice set of photos Dave. Glad that you had a nice time Mark, a cracking layout indeed. Are you venturing down south with Rannoch Moor at all? I would love to see it in the flesh.

Do you have any photos from your 80s running session? Every time I visit your thread I straight away think of 37/4s on a short rake of Mk2s!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mark, I wish I could get to Glasgow and see it for real mate, have a good show,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Rannoch Moor is coming to an exhibition near you!

Will be at DEMU Showcase first weekend in July....

http://www.demu.org.uk/showcase.php

Looks like you should have this in your diary.

Thanks

Edited by Scottish Modeller

Hi Mark,

Sounds like you had a good exhibition, the layout and pics look great. The class 67 on sleepers looks very nice reminded me of the train I saw when over last year. The blue 37/3 looks nice too, complete with Motherwell salmon.

Cheers Peter. 

Thanks Gary, those photos are superb I really like the 37 on the engineers working at the station.

Andy glad you can make showcase will be good to meet you then.

I decided to put the layout back up yesterday and everything seems to be working fine. So onto to the next project.

Thanks

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Been a little while since I have done anything on Rannoch in fact even though the layout is all set up I hadn't even run any trains recently so it was nice to have a play again. I was away last week so just collected a parcel today with 4 new weathered silver bullets from TMC. These were my Birthday present from my wife and will form a block working on a future project that I am planning to do in the next few years. Here they are on a working from Corpach to Mossend before they return to Cornwall for reloading.

All the best

Mark

Hi Mark,

I was thinking it had been a little while since you lasted posted on this thread. Those bullets look very nice indeed. TMC seem to have made a lovely job of them. They look nice on the layout too.

Where is the layout set up? Do you have a dedicated railway room in the "new" place?

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Good to hear from you. I am lucky that I have one of the back bedrooms for my trains and the layout to fit in. Same problem as before though that the viaduct end is up against the wall but at least it can be up permanently to play.

I have a few little jobs to do before showcase in July so will be working through these over the coming weeks.

All the best

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

With about a month to go until Rannoch has a road trip to Burton for the DEMU Showcase exhibition at the start of July I have managed to do a few jobs on the layout. Having reworked a little bit of the scenery at the front of the layout before Glasgow and added in more static grass around the sidings the last front section leading up to the viaduct was looking a little flat. Having learnt more techniques as I went along this last section has had brambles added, more bushy undergrowth using polyfibre and suitable foliage on top. I have also added in a couple of patches of purple heather to add a bit more variation to the colours and textures to blend it all together better. I found the recent woodland scenics video on the Bachmann website quite useful for scenic techniques.

The 150 has been weathered whilst a 158 has been started on next as the units were just too clean. The road vehicles also need toned down when I get chance. A few photos to show the scenic work along with a few trains spotted at Rannoch. The autoballasters were weathered by my friend Stevie from Ayr Club and went straight back into service at Glasgow. I have added in the remains of some suitable pink ballast in the bottom of the rake with the last full wagon heading south with DRS 37409 in charge ready for the final drop in the Tyndrum area. 37406 also makes an appearance on an Engineers trip from Mossend.

post-6863-0-82493600-1370911422_thumb.jpg

post-6863-0-15435400-1370911456_thumb.jpg

post-6863-0-88090000-1370911569_thumb.jpg

post-6863-0-80909500-1370911640.jpg

post-6863-0-50740800-1370911683_thumb.jpg

post-6863-0-46970100-1370911740_thumb.jpg

post-6863-0-58689100-1370911782_thumb.jpg

post-6863-0-96581600-1370911847_thumb.jpg

Hope you like the pictures and will hopefully see many of you at Showcase in July.

One last photo, the other weekend we were in Oban for a wedding and on the way back I got to have a look round the station at Crianlarich, still not Rannoch but at least I can say I've been to a West Highland Line station. As we walked up the platform we noticed a man with a carry out drinking on the platform. Even my wife made some sarcastic comment along the lines of you've even modelled the people right!

post-6863-0-30766100-1370911881_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Mark

• Like 13

Latest pics look great Mark,

That groundframe is a top little model, 37409 is a beast too, I saw 37419 in the same livery when I was over last year. 

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter,

Glad you like them. When I put the autoballasters back out I put 37409 on them for a change having seen some pictures in Rex of the DRS locos on the WHL on a similar set. Stevie did a cracking job on the weathering on them and they quite literally were handed back at Glasgow and put straight into service. They got a lot of good comments too.

All the best

Mark