Detailing a Hornby Black 5

I am turning the Black 5 into 45231, I have managed to get the stuff for it and the next bit is to get the front pony truck for it from comet and the wheels at some point. Till i get all the stuff for it i have put it on hold till i have got the guts to start it!

At the moment i am currently building a bridge that carries a platform over the road for the layout so all my concerntration is being put on that at the min!

• 5 months later...

I got the idea off this thread once i read through it and examined the pictures. I thought it was a good thing to do to one of my steam loco's. I will go through mine one at a time. This is the only thread i have found that this has been done!

• Like 1

I got the idea off this thread once i read through it and examined the pictures. I thought it was a good thing to do to one of my steam loco's. I will go through mine one at a time. This is the only thread i have found that this has been done!

Thanks again. There are many in-depth threads and blogs on modifying locos on RMweb. Some of the respondents to this thread have given me a lot of inspiration and advised me on tweaks or methods I'd never previously thought about. Let's have a link to show us your progress :good:

• 8 years later...