Plattling webcam

FYI we now have a live WebCam available for viewing of the UP  Bailey Yard and Locomotive servicing facility in North Platte.

I think this yard is the biggest in the World.

Check out "USA and Canada Railroads" section.

Best, Pete.

FYI we now have a live WebCam available for viewing of the UP  Bailey Yard and Locomotive servicing facility in North Platte.

I think this yard is the biggest in the World.

Check out "USA and Canada Railroads" section.

Best, Pete.

Nice 1 Pete shall have a look at that cam cheers.

• Like 1

I seem to remember there are pipes at the lines they stable in, as well as electrical leads to keep the batteries charged, they always plug in the latter when they parked up, even a demic one (294778) was plugged in, prior it being sent to, presumably, Nuremburg, I believe that's the depot where Plattling get the shunters from.

I use to wonder about this as well in that ne in awhile the odd tanker would appear for a day or two, to which I thought like many times and have seen. oh is it a refueller or a wagon with a problem to which same day or next workers are seen working on the said wagon, which later on I guessed is fixed and disappears. my final thoughts and guess with many times looking at the works plant they serve is fuel bunkering at the works plant as cooperation between the rail and plant company working together. 

Having worked 20+ years in international hauling and shipping, my logical thought has been the smaller CL 60`s will have smaller tanks and work mostly on the plant site. so depending on work load at the time and getting low on fuel, then on site fuel bunkering would be a must between pushing wagons through for unloading to keep production line going, or holding up the process to come couple of mile down track to fuel up. I guess a further backup of plant fuelling is sometimes you see the CL 90 busy then disappears of screen towards the plant by itself and not too long afterwards come back by itself.

I guess it comes down to how big a fuel storage tank you need and best place to site it, to refuel the shunters but also access for refilling the storage tank itself.

I seem to remember there are pipes at the lines they stable in, as well as electrical leads to keep the batteries charged, they always plug in the latter when they parked up, even a demic one (294778) was plugged in, prior it being sent to, presumably, Nuremburg, I believe that's the depot where Plattling get the shunters from.

in a couple of plattling videos i`ve seen on youtube shunters can be seen parked up with a power lead plugged into them, ive seen from the box van line and presume the line nearest the old staff cabin will have one aswell

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw this Blue train on the 23.01.2014. Any one know what it is?

I believe that this might be a test train for the new 'BOB' (Bayern Oberland Bahn?) units which are due to be entering service out of Munich on such routes as the line to Salzburg.

If anyone knows any different, please feel free to correct me.

I believe that this might be a test train for the new 'BOB' (Bayern Oberland Bahn?) units which are due to be entering service out of Munich on such routes as the line to Salzburg.

If anyone knows any different, please feel free to correct me.

Thank you for that. I'll keep an eye out for more.