Plattling webcam

Oil tank wagons just arrived at the depot - fuel for the shunters? - and a long freight waiting by the station.

attachicon.gifPlattling_2014-10-23.jpg

attachicon.gifPlattling_2014-10-23(2).jpg

screen grabs at 17:15 BST

Hi Mike welcome to Plattling cam thread and some great screen grabs there fella..

As regarding the tanks more likely the chaps were at end of shift or abit late from heading from the industrial estate, so tend to just pull in to shunt depot as I call it. So the guys still on shift in a spare moment will come take the tanks out of there and park them up so the class v60 / 364- is free for next crew shift.

A quick recap for anyone new too this thread.

( I call them shunters because they shunt here - but all these locos are mainline registered )

The red line is were the shunters go up to the industrial estate with most of the wagon loads. 

The blue line goes to Deggendorf  used by the green/yellow  Dmu`s that pop in and out of Plattling.

The green line area is a gravel/stone company.

There is all so the far left of station yard works they do and other off site work they travel to in the area etc.

post-14408-0-15740800-1414098491_thumb.jpg

( map done by use of Google earth for area work understandings )

Edit:

The small ones are DB Class V60 (364/365)

The larger are DB Class V90 (294/295)

Although both classes have had many upgrades & class renumbering depending on engine upgrades or remote control features etc to name a few..

Edited by yorkie_pudd

Another black/white I`ve not seen before currently stabled.

post-14408-0-79263200-1414152646_thumb.jpg

EDIT :

could be same one seen on last page in posts 495 - 500 maybe. times like this could do with zoom lens on camera he he

Edited by yorkie_pudd

That's a class 223/253 diesel, owned by the Pressnitztalbahn (or PRESS for short) in the dark blue/green/white livery of independent operator "Intergo".

Nice to see one deep in Bavaria as it means my Fleischmann N gauge model is reasonably realistic on my Bavarian layout! :locomotive:

Only bought it because I liked the livery and it was the kind of offer you don't refuse!

Edited by admiles

Hi Mike welcome to Plattling cam thread

Thank you for the welcome.  .I've been looking in at the webcam for sometime - it's curiously relaxing, watching other people at work - or is it just voyeurism!  I'm surprised by how much walking about goes on, amongst all the shunters and other rail movements.

I think it looks at its best in the evening, just before the IR camera kicks in.  I was going to ask about the black & white loco but admiles has already supplied the info.  I know very little about current European railways but am struck by the variety of liveries at this station and the amount of freight that passes through.

post-19820-0-92731500-1414181990.jpg

There was quite a flurry of activity just after the switch to IR this evening, with someone walking over to the 'depot' and waving around a torch, before the lights came on, and then he ran over to one of the trains, which promptly set off with what looked like a load of ballast, followed by flat cars of the type used for carrying rails, and then some large cylinders.  After the engineering equipment seen a couple of days ago, it looks as though some track maintenance may be scheduled nearby, perhaps this weekend?

Mike

Hi Chaps,

Ooop's sorry, you are right it was he OBB Railjet, I travelled on this sevice from Vienna to Munich last February, in dreadful weather, but it was very comfortable, and even in bad weather, there was NO bus replacement!! -)

Regards,

Andy (medium61)

A dull, misty, Autumnal morning at Plattling, today.  A long line of tank wagons has just been shunted in, followed by a conference between the high-vis jacketed guys at the foot of the control cabin.  A different loco is now stabled at the left.

post-19820-0-01654400-1414668460.jpg

Photo at 11:20 GMT

Mike

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just having a watch when the CL v60 came in and they switch the remote control on which is shown by the cab side lights circled in 2nd blown up shot.

post-14408-0-40854000-1415633714_thumb.jpg

post-14408-0-10193500-1415633733.jpg

shunted back and forth couple of times before backing up to the loaded logs.

• 2 weeks later...

A very long freight has just pulled in.   Note the guy riding the buffers at the back.   He joined his mates as he came alongside.  There's been a long conference and it looks as though the shunters are getting into position.

post-19820-0-14181800-1417437161.jpg

Mike

• Like 2