Plattling webcam

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This last week or so has seen lots of track gauger checking in the yard going on, just bobbed on to see this scruff sat the tankers.

post-14408-0-98447400-1421307620.jpg

Edit:

correction as now looking on full screen it is picture decals and not graffiti lol.

Edited by yorkie_pudd
  • Like 1

Nothing unusual - one of the regular moves to/from Deggendorf. When a 214 appears in one of the loco sidings near the cam, you know one of these moves is imminent, for some reason only 214s work these moves. These lot arrived back late last night, a rake went down a couple of days ago.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's now been over 5 years since a friend and I have discovered the cam (17th February 2010.), and have been watching it regularly ever since. From the top of my head, some of the major changes that have occurred since we started watching are:

- the introduction of 440s on local services, if I remember right DB were the first to changeover, we remember seeing some appear in the yard at night, once they'd finished conducting testing in the day, sometimes they parked up in the headshunts nearest the cam, they soon entered service. For a while, the Neumarkt services were still in the hands of DB 143s. However, one night, we noticed a 'white 440' parked up, assuming at first to be one carrying an advert livery. Soon afterwards, more started to appear, and then the 143s disappeared. They were of course agilis 440s. 

- The demolition of the shunters' cabin, a somewhat unexpected occurrence; it being in constant use right up until removal - many a time we watched one of the men log the wagon numbers arriving from the industries, before disappearing back inside. This has now been replaced by the two portakabins next to the main yard building. The location of the old cabin can be seen in the blank space in the foreground. 

- The removal of two sidings in the bottom right hand corner of the cam, again, another surprise as these were also used fairly regularly up until removal, which was undertaken very swiftly.

- The long term stored wagons over the far side suddenly disappeared, these had been there years, and included an old covered cartic.

- Vectrons are now used to shunt slurry tanks into the sidings in the foreground, and the departure roads. However, 362s and 363s still take these to and from the industries.

- A few years ago, the quality of the cam was improved massively, it now appears much clearer and the streaming is now much smoother than it once was. This is a very welcome addition!

- Unfortunately, the yard as a whole now seems a lot emptier than it was, it wasn't uncommon for every road to be crammed full with wagons, now there's a lot of empty space. Recently too the rail deliveries to the yard have become much shorter, sometimes as little as 4 wagons. One positive though is that the variety of traction on these deliveries has remained good - we've seen 140s, 151s, 232s, 185s, 152s, 101s and 189s on these moves in the last two weeks, just like how it used to be.

- new traction is now appearing in large numbers, vectrons, especially those owned by ELL have suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and now are extremely common! I've seen 1 187 in the last week too. 

Over the years there's been 1000s of fantastic moves, this is something that hasn't changed, you still never know what to expect! Indeed, my friend has seen 92001 and a couple of FLOYD 86s on the cam. I'm sure I've missed out some changes, but I'm sure most of you can get the gist of what's changed.

Here's to the next 5 years! (I type this as a freight is approaching, an OBB Taurus with car parts to Gyor.)

• Like 2

I know what you mean llama as I have been watching it for four years  ( wow times fly`s ) now and enjoy the unexpected that comes and goes In Plattling, talking of which I caught this open wagon today which has a roller-top fitted not seen before.

post-14408-0-71472400-1425516555_thumb.jpg

as you say - here`s to watching Plattling cam for more years to come.

It's a CD Cargo box wagon by the way. I've seen several on pics with that type of cover but for the life of me I can't remember what commodity it contains!

Incidentally, in the bottom right of that picture there's a wagon that's no stranger to these shores, a 7898, similar to those currently used on the Irvine - Dollands Moor flows. the one in the pic is probably French registered rather than German though, but they're the same thing. I took a picture of one at Plattling with the ECC logo still very much visible.

Thanks to all who still post on this thread.

I have been watching Plattling for nearly 5 years now. It's always nice to have on as a little window on the computer and watch the trains come and leave. When it snows it's extra special :)

Looking back through the thread, I think this is my favourite of all that I have seen at Plattling. It was just before Christmas in 2011

zj8nk8.jpg

Edited by motorcycle
  • Like 3

For those of you who would like an alternative viewpoint of Plattling, the following is a Youtube video of a cab ride from Munchen Hbf. to Passau.

Plattling is arrived at at 1:27:00 into the video, and once the train is stopped in the station, the large building to the left of centre is the one that holds up the webcam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cV0jkjDA5g

TerrySVR,

If it is more cab ride videos from Germany that you want, there will be several links to others appear once the video reaches its' end, which in turn will lead to many others.

There are several people post cab ride videos on Youtube from Europe, and the German TV station of ARD regularly shows them on national television in the small hours of the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say I do like the Maks  in the first link  as they and the V90 294`s at Plattling, there`s something I just find intriguing about them. I had a quick look around that guys flicker pics and came across this one.

post-14408-0-11811900-1427376946_thumb.jpg

I just saw the amusing side to it and smiled, there again probably down to doing milk tankers some years ago lol.

edit: added words I forgot to type in Doh..

Edited by yorkie_pudd

• 2 weeks later...

Having watched on and off for an hour, I've twice seen freighters stop on the main line and block intending passengers from their trains. Without going so far as reading the previous twenty odd pages, can I ask is this a common thing? 

Not sure whether to feel sorry for them or snigger at them - I don't appear to be able to do both! ;)

Having watched on and off for an hour, I've twice seen freighters stop on the main line and block intending passengers from their trains. Without going so far as reading the previous twenty odd pages, can I ask is this a common thing? 

Not sure whether to feel sorry for them or snigger at them - I don't appear to be able to do both! ;)

Hi Grantham and welcome to the Plattling cam thread.

The basic answer is yes, which is down to the day/time in question of train movements in, out and through Plattling station. As trains pass or stop in different parts of the station accord to what routes have been set by the controllers and which train had priority too come in or out or through etc.

example like now yard service roads full so next goods in has pulled into the platform etc.  That`s the beauty here as you never know how quiet or busy it may be, or what may pass through and all the different shunting that may go on aswell.

post-14408-0-60728300-1429017298_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...