Plattling webcam

• RMweb Premium

Thanks very much 1216!

13zvgg1.jpg

What is this train on platform 7 (opposite the new EMU that was introduced this year)? I saw it yesterday too, but it doesn't show up on any of the passenger timetables. It stayed for around an hour yesterday and then left

I'm not entirely sure, but it does resemble a FLIRT type EMU on close inspection. If it was, I could imagine this to have been a delivery, to have been returning from some workshop or other, or something else to that effect. Alternatively, I was just thinking of a KISS type EMU for Austrian operator Westbahn, who are about to open passenger services west of Vienna in the near future. These are essentially a double deck FLIRT variant.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It all seems to make sense now. Between 9:20 and 9:35 on Saturday at least the first dozen wagons immediately behind the loco have changed, I can't tell if they shunted them on or off or if they ended up in a parallel dimension, but by 10:25 it was on its way. Of course it might not even be the same loco or train at 9:35!

I'm sure there's an incredibly mundane explanation...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone is watching this webcam on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning of next week, look out for 2 figures on the end of the platforms :yes:

did you take any photos of your time there? what was it like.

I saw a rare Lokomotion lok in Plattling just now. I though they were only used on the Brennerbahn from Germany to Italy mostly?

2moo64x.jpg

http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1406157&lang=1&file=bomb_34685_56&action=image&position=6

Yes, I took lots of photos there, including many of the station and trackwork. It lived up to its nature in terms of interesting moves; there was an Itztalbahn (or Ilztalbahn, not sure on spelling) transfer move from Regensburg to Passau, conveying old sleeper coaches, work vans etc. There was also a brand new FLIRT EMU on test, destined for an S-Bahn network in Austria. It may not be obvious, but the far right hand platform is much lower than the other two. I will be uploading my pictures to my Flickr site when I've sorted through them all, if anyone is interested in seeing them, I'll post a link here when they are uploaded. Most of the freight there seems to be hauled by 1852xx and 1853xx. We were told by two members of security staff there that we couldn't sit, eat or drink on the end of the platform where we were, which on the hottest day of the week we thought was ridiculous! It seems, from asking on other forums that they were just being a bit over zealous, and that it isn't standard rules over there!

Incidentally, the train in your screenshot looks to be the cereals that used to be ran by Rail4Chem until their demise, not sure who does run it now.

• 1 month later...