Plattling webcam

Apparently it now transpires the host is having server problems, fortunately it seems the complaint is being ignored! Good job I have the old signal cabin in the background of some of my pictures when I was there; the area or activity is always changing.

Something odd happening?

The Olten webcam has stopped as well. The timetables etc.are still working but no pic.

Olten cam has a limit of 10? viewers at any one time, if you just see a black screen, this is usually why, just have to refresh every so often and get lucky!

Happy Festive season to all Plattling cammers :sungum:

It does look odd with the old signal box gone, but somehow seams better for it in a strange way lol. It`s like it has opened the area up more or that could just be me doh he he

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I don't know why it hasn't occured to me to search for Plattling on youtube in ages, but it did today.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for posting those. Another glorious timewaster!

Now I can get a feel for the whole layout of the place. Interesting to see images of pre- and post- signalbox demolition.

I wonder what the large building is.  I assume that the webcam is fixed to it.

Thanks for posting those. Another glorious timewaster!

Now I can get a feel for the whole layout of the place. Interesting to see images of pre- and post- signalbox demolition.

I wonder what the large building is.  I assume that the webcam is fixed to it.

Not sure if I posted these at the time, but I have several shots of the trackwork in the area, as well as other things!

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=37318278@N02&q=Plattling

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I`ve had the same thoughts Motorcycle but i have noticed often all 5 throughout the day, but then at night 1 90 and 2 60`s parked up while 1 90 does the nightshift. So i always wondered maybe a 60 was left up at the industrial estate etc. With a different note on sunday nights you usually see a couple of large freights pull in for sorting etc through the night. when this short freight pulled in and i was suprised to see as the engine started to pull off it was double headed, not something you see everyday abate those pass throughs, always something extra  unusual to see all times day or night which makes Plattling so interesting to view.

post-14408-0-80486400-1359339067_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'd imagine another shunter will be delivered shortly - usually is when they get down to three. Yes 90, short for V90, the larger ones (class 294 seems to be the only type used at Plattling, a 290 without auto couplers arrived once, it didn't last long before they sent it back!) 60 short for V60 (classes 362 and 363 used at Plattling.)

You usually see freights arrive most weeknights, one will be full of logs ready for delivery to Plattling Papier and whichever factory produces the lumber (loaded on bolsters) the next day.

• Like 2

As llamafish stated  and here some info links about the 2 types of shunters at Plattling for other followers on here who may not know etc.

DB CLASS V 60:

wiki info link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB_Class_V_60

DB CLASS V 90

wiki info link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB_Class_V_90

post-14408-0-06963500-1359481195.jpg

post-14408-0-57572600-1359481219.jpg

• Like 2