Plattling webcam

• RMweb Gold

Are those Scharfenberg  couplings on the 290? Whatever they are are, are they for shunting around the 406 sets?

This shot of the 290 brings back nice memories, as the Roco 290 was the first 'foreign' loco that I ever bought and couldn't believe the running quality compared to the UK stuff at the time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's quite rare I see a freight come from the top-left corner of the webcam (the line to Landshut)

15x64wz.jpg

my Schweers + Wall atlas says there is a BMW plant near Dingolfing, so maybe this came from there?

289zgvs.jpg

I can't make out what the containers say.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Seems that 'Railjet' trains have been diverted from 'Vienna - Munich', they now operate via 'Passau-Plattling-Munich' (you can see some of them 25-28 minutes pass the odd hours as they go through 'Plattling', thought perhaps you would like to know!

Andy

• Like 1

Hello everbody,

Well, it seems that 'Railject' also travel via Plattling in the opposite direction to Munich, as well, usually about 10 minutes to the 'even' hour. I travelled on this service from Vienna to Munich (via Saltzburg) in February (very comfortable), so I suppose it's because of the flooding (or Engineering, there was a lot going on when I travelled), At least they seek alternative routes, rather than as as in the UK it would be 'Bus replacement' and be cramped and take 10 hours longer!!!!!!!! :O

Andy

• Like 2

Some of the other webcams on the webcam.deg.net website are also experiencing a few problems. It could be the excessive heat! The one in the centre of Deggendorf is currently showing 44 degrees Centigrade! Quite a difference to the cold weather and floods of just a couple of weeks ago.

Shame about Railcam.nl For those not in the know, there was a fire at the property which caused serious damage. In time, they hope to resume service, but it will take quite a while

I remember in previous years the heat did seem to cause problems, became even slower and more jumpy! Then again, the heat caused problems when I was there, we were told not to sit down, and told we couldn't drink on the end of the platform, which in that heat was quite ridiculous!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...