Plattling webcam

• RMweb Premium

Is there any way of getting an arrivals and departures list for this station, at least on the passenger side? A lot of the time I seem to watch for periods when nothing is happening and must be missing most of the action! Knowing when it is busy would help!

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

Here are two images from this week I saw. The first was traveling toward the webcam and didn't stop at Plattling. I missed off the front, but it was 2 carriages and the red locomotive

27zakah.jpg

the second image was from this morning. I have never seen the yellow thing before. Is it a departmental vehicle?

2cg2c1g.jpg

Motorcycle,

Picture one is a test train of some description, although I can't recognise the loco. The grill arrangement on the roof suggests a Class 120 electric, but the shape doesn't quite look right.

Picture two is a departmental unit of some description, but again I cannot say excatly what it is due to insufficient knowledge.

• RMweb Premium

^^^

Is that Central Trains livery in the foreground of the second photo? So they now have a franchise in Germany! I bet they rostered that "HundeBox" for a service which 500 people intended to catch! :D

It's obviously snowed overnight - the chaps are out clearing the switches by hand this morning. Now that's a cold old job...

The Germans don't seem to be falling apart like our railways - there was plenty of shunting going on through the night. At the risk of igniting that whole 'why are we so useless when - shock - it snows in winter' how do OHLE railways cope in Europe? Heavier catenary?

• RMweb Gold

A fascinatingly wonderful timewaster! I now look every day. The variety of traction is surprising.

Question. What is the very prominent beam that is seen across the picture at the front? On a Google satellite pic it is shown that it used to go right across to the station front area.

What is the very prominent beam that is seen across the picture at the front? On a Google satellite pic it is shown that it used to go right across to the station front area.

I assume that you mean the footbridge, if you look carefully you can see people crossing. The bridge now finishes in the modern building adjacent to the station building which is a newly built structure containing lifts and staircases.

Alle ist klar! Besten dank!

I now see that I'd been 'connecting' the said beam (bridge!) to the lattice post on the left! I now see that they are in no way connected!

post-6728-097012500 1291488675_thumb.gif

Don't worry, you're not the only one. When I first looked at the Plattling webcam, it took me a while to realise they were completely separate structures.

Nice optical illusion though.