Modern Era Layout

alcoRS1

What are you planning to do to the stacks? hinge the tops? If so, how many?

Mine finally arrived today. Only had time for a quick running in session so far but very pleased. How nice to get ditch lights on a smaller contemporary loco too.

I thought the handrails didn't look too bad, and nicely stubby finger proof, in the flesh, but yours look absolutely superb so might put changing them on the to do list.

I got the idea from cstx on the Diesel Detailer site, he originally did this, I am just copying.

genset22.JPG

he suggested

Has removed the exhaust from the Shell and removed the exhaust flaps with Knife.

For the new flaps, if I used Removed Locomotive Headlight Covers from BLMA

and 0.2mm Brass wire or if 3 mm of brass pipe is of use as a new exhaust pipe!

Read more:http://dieseldetailer.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=x&action=display&thread=6906&page=3#ixzz188ESk5vg

The real trick will be to get them to move up & down, in time to the revving of the engine... :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

/gets coat... <_<

I think MTH has an O gauge version that does that, with smoke.

here is the Lionel one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVZ3D8x_VxE&feature=related

What I hate about the lionel one is flashing ditch lights, the dumb radio, and 3 rail track. I do like the exhaust, detail and those tank cars with the car sounds.

The real trick will be to get them to move up & down, in time to the revving of the engine... :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

/gets coat... <_<

And of course they would need to be independent, so that only the appropriate number move according to how many gennies are working at a time. From what I've seen on Youtube, the one nearest the cab moves first/most often. Might be enough just to have that one hinged

I think MTH has an O gauge version that does that, with smoke.

What I hate about the lionel one is flashing ditch lights, the dumb radio, and 3 rail track. I do like the exhaust, detail and those tank cars with the car sounds.

The ditch lights don't look very good, the radio 'chatter' is lame, but the big cat is awesome biggrin.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After a long break, I started to clean the garage up, at the same time the UP crews been clearing up the yard for some major work (backdrop, ground, bridge you get the picture).

web.jpg?ver=13074178950001

Archived