FREE! Model Railway Backscenes!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I've just registered on this site. I'm Itfcsam off youtube with the Fort William shelf layout. Some excellent backscenes there! Your Windward Layout is awesome.

I was wondering if you know of any backscenes that are like alongside a river kind of thing.

At Fort William the old station was right alongside a Loch, see: http://www.disused-s...iam/index.shtml. (Some links to photos on there).

I did find one by Busch which I ordered from gaugemaster in October last year (still waiting for it) but have just found out today that gaugemaster aren't selling the one I ordered now!

Finding one thats alongside a river kind of thing seems non existant now.

I realise on some sites that you can upload your own photos and they can be made into a backscene.. Well thats a bit difficult now as the station I'm modelling doesn't exist anymore!!

Regards, Sam

Hello there Sam,

I have seen your layout on YouTube and thank you for your kind comments.

I have been to Fort William myself, and i know exactly what you would be looking for!

Unlucky for yourself, it's a pretty rare thing to see as a backscene.

What i would advise is not just looking at UK backscene producers, my backscenes get a number of German and Swiss modellers as the Scottish scenery is quite similar.

It's quite a difficult one for you, and you may need to get yours made from photographs.

Philip

• 10 months later...

F1pCertifiedDownload.png

Hey modellers!

You can now download FREE Backscene designs from: http://f1p.co.uk/download.html

Note: This was published today, there are 4 designs available at the moment. Perhaps more will be made available in the future!

All you need to do is Download the image to your computer, then it's all yours to use!

For any Scale, saved in JPEG image file format for any computer!

Hope you modellers find it helpful

Have downloaded all four and have removed the Van on the left on #4, now trying to see where to fit them on layout. I have made several Panaramas which I will post for anyone who would like them. Thanks Hugh

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...

I've done a fair bit of "editing" on the downloaded Windward files, added a few bits here and there, I have a laser printer capable of printing to banner paper up to 4' long, I model N gauge.

One thing I find with these and some other downloaded  scenes is matching the end of one to the next,  I started with sky scenes, and found that flipping one image horizontally gives an almost seamless match, except that looking at the two pieces joined the, repeat of the reversed image is noticeable, therefore a bt of judicious use of copy/paste and a clone tool can improve matters. I then tried doing the same with one of the Windward scenes, the top one has an added farm house, the lower one is the flipped version, without the farm house and added tractor, cows and farmhand, think the cows could be somewhat smaller, they look a bit over scale.

post-12633-0-15874300-1502805840_thumb.jpg

post-12633-0-47679300-1502805864_thumb.jpg

I cut these along the skyline and paste over a skyline to give me a higher scene

Close up of the join, still needs a little tweaking, ignore the sky, that will get cut off

post-12633-0-27075500-1502807470_thumb.jpg

Archived