Hull MRS - Promotion event - 21/22 August

steve1

On 21 & 22 August, members of Hull MRS are holding a promotional event at Hull Paragon station.

The idea is to promote our November exhibition and, the Society in general. There will be a few layouts for the public to see, plus the usual promo type stuff. It's free and we've been kindly given the access by Community Junction who live at the station.

Any RMWebbers who happen to be in the area are more than welcome to come in and say hello.

steve

Things should now be pretty well finalised.  The layouts there will not be at the Hull show in November but a chance to see some others from the Society and its members.  Very easy to get to by public transport, that's the way I will be going, and easy access for wheel chairs as well.  Refreshments are on the station concourse but not run by us  :O 

Peter

Good luck with the promotional event to all at Hull MRS, and see you all in Novemberbiggrin.gif

I can't be there this weekend as we have our own small event going on in Pickering.

Ps...I've lost the contact number for Andy regarding the show, so if anyone could put me in touch I'd be grateful. (He needs to know the rating of The North of England Line layout in Watts)

Thanks and good luck once again, Mike

Good luck with the promotional event to all at Hull MRS, and see you all in Novemberbiggrin.gif

I can't be there this weekend as we have our own small event going on in Pickering.

Ps...I've lost the contact number for Andy regarding the show, so if anyone could put me in touch I'd be grateful. (He needs to know the rating of The North of England Line layout in Watts)

Thanks and good luck once again, Mike

I've got a figure of 750W from somewhere.....

Thanks, Paul. (The cheque's in the post. :D )

An interesting and surprisingly busy day. The GP seemed to enjoy the show and, if everyone who took a flyer turns up at our November exhibition, there won't be any room for the layouts!

Big thanks to PLD and The Judge for their assitance in operating Duncan's Mne and giving me a chance to have a closer look at some of the finer sights of Hull. ;)

steve

Thanks, Paul. (The cheque's in the post. :D )

An interesting and surprisingly busy day. The GP seemed to enjoy the show and, if everyone who took a flyer turns up at our November exhibition, there won't be any room for the layouts!

Big thanks to PLD and The Judge for their assitance in operating Duncan's Mne and giving me a chance to have a closer look at some of the finer sights of Hull. ;)

steve

No problem young man, glad to have been of some assistance. Hope Sunday goes as well as Saturday appeared to have been going.

Well, it's all over now (to quote a well known song) and presumably the dust has settled at Community Junction. Here are a set of pics of the layouts attending, except one. I couldn't get near the T scale Cliffton to get a picture so apologies for the absence.

In no particular order:

Driffield

post-143-128250339223.jpg

Hoglington

post-143-128250341794.jpg

post-143-128250345013.jpg

post-143-128250347553.jpg

post-143-128250350304.jpg

Attendance today was somewhat less than yesterday but the comments were, once more very positive so I would judge the event a success.

steve

I've got a figure of 750W from somewhere.....

Sorry I didn't phone you back Andrew, but someone erased all the answerphone messagesangry.gif

We worked it out at between 400 and 500 Watts including the lights, so you've more than covered it.

Cheers, Mike.

ps...I'm glad the mini show was a success

Archived