Trains4U Open Day 2010 - Sunday 12th September

Trains4U

Hi all

Trains4U holding its Third annual open day on Sunday 12th September 2010

We have seven confirmed layouts in attendance

Runswick Leamside -- OO -- Macclesfield and District Modellers

Enormous 1980s/90s Sectorisation Era Freight And Passenger layout. Set in the North East of Englend.

Now retired from the show circuit and hopefully taking residence at Trains4U.

Ringburn Yard -- OO -- Alex Hall

Scottish goods yard, 1980s Sectorisation and BR Blue

Summat Colliery -- OO -- Ian Mellors (Redgate Models)

OO Colliery Layout, with some unusual traction

Harbourn -- OO

More details to follow

Cannon’s Cross -- OO -- Market Deeping Model Railway Club

1960’s Southern Electric and Steam terminus

Serialised in BRM Magazine

Poulton Bank -- OO -- Dave O'Rourke

More details to follow

Berrybridge -- OO -- Mike Wild - Hornby Magazine

Code 75 layout built in 75 Hours - using off the shelf parts.

Midland Region BR c1959 Transition Era with BR Green Diesels and steam.

Other Displays

We will also have Trade Representation from Hornby and Bachmann - Manufacturer display content is to be confirmed closer to the date.

And Andy York will be here with modelling demonstrations, when not causing bother and getting in the way.

Doors open at 10:00am and we are open until 4:00pm

Admission is free and we are open to all, so please come along.

Trade support from ourselves! of course...

Trains4U

28-29 St David's Square

Fengate

Peterborough

PE1 5QA

01733 895989

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the invite Gareth, me and disco-dave are looking forward to it. My credit card less so ....

Last time I called in when I was in the area on business I walked out with a class 3 tank engine :lol: Lord knows what will happen when I'm there all day!

The 2-8-2 should be at least operational with DCC sound, is that unusual enough traction B)

Runswick Leamside is confirmed! The isnurance has been arranged and it will be taking permanent residence at Trains4U.

The Macclesfield club will be stocking and running the layout for the open day.

Also confirmed are modelling Demonstrations by Andy Y, Plus Hornby (Inc Scalextric and Airfix) and Bachmann will also be in attendance.

this is excellent news, I saw Runswick Leamside once at Ally Pally and it kept me interested for ages, I'll certainly be making the trip for another look (good excuse to do some shopping too!)

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately due to Fisherton Sarum appearing at another event that weekend I am unable to make the trip this year (Fisherton Sarum itself made an appearance two years ago) which is a shame as it a really pleasent day.

I urge any members to pop along and support this event, you will not be dissappointed!

Just spotted this - makes my plan to duck out of our NL holiday for a couple of days and visit East Anglia look even more like a good idea. Whitemoor + Trains4U + Ely Fire Engine house + fenland research = Grand weekend out :)

Cheers,

Will

Quick question, is it okay to bring a camera along to take some photos of the layouts? It would only be for personal use (and for sharing with people on here freely of course if required).

I understand if not and would not put me off my trip.

• RMweb Gold

im looking forward to it gareth it always worth a visit. i will find it very hard to keep my credit card in my pocket but i will most likely buy something.

I'd love to come but it's the same weekend as the N Gauge show in Leamington Spa. sad.gif

Unfotunately yes such clashes do happen, with the advent of the new Kernow models show the weekend before, which has been Gareth's usual weekend in the past, where the manufacturers and folks like Mike Wild of Horby Magazine will be at I am sure a compromise had to be reached.

Personally I am glad that Gareth has the confidence to continue to put on such an event and as such an active contributor and supporter of this forum I hope we as members will continue to support him as much as possible rather than worry about what over events are on at the same time.

Quick question, is it okay to bring a camera along to take some photos of the layouts? It would only be for personal use (and for sharing with people on here freely of course if required).

As far as I'm concerned, you can take as many pictures as you like (But I'd avoid the toilets if you don't want to get into trouble!)

However, as with any show, its courtesy to ask the permission of the layout operator at the time. I'm sure they will be more than accommodating, and given the nature of the event, photography should be a little easier than you would normally find at a show.

• RMweb Gold

Fine by me, just post any pics of Summat Colliery on here please!

Guest Austerity94

Hi folks,

I went last year and it was well worth the time. Looking forward to another chance to see Ringburn Yard and that grotty, weathered Provincial liveried 08.

Regards,

Alex.

• RMweb Gold

Well, Thomas TrakMat layout will be attending!

I had to do it, all of those big OO layouts, it's just not on!!!!

I say Thomas, but that is only a small number of locos, one side of the loco roster has the Thomas range, the other side "Grown-up locos :lol: "

Not that it means anything on a TrakMat layout.

post-6745-034721000 1284219838_thumb.jpg

Just sorting a few things out and making sure things all work..........don't blow up the 6pin plug in decoder the day before, hope you have some Gareth.

The Duchess is wheel slipping big time, looks like the two front driving wheels have bent axles other than that.... Bullfrog snot anyone?

See you tomorrow morning bright and early.

The bus is packed and ready to roll with plenty of 'things to make and do'.

Rather than use the day as an excuse to get some work done on K2yhaven boards I'll have the airbrush, compressor for folks to have a go as well as doing some stock weathering, improving track, ballasting and weathering and some lineside scenics.

I'll also have some of Dapol's latest products with me; a good chance for people to take a close look at the Britannia.

Looking forward to it and saying hello to folk.

'Fraid we won't be able to make it after all - we fly out on the Monday and it was just too scary contemplating having to get back to Castricum on time. Sorry to miss the fun, but look forward to seeing some photo's after the event.

Cheers,

Will

agree with the above, great to see the layouts and done a bit of shopping.

Remembered to charge the camera batteries last night but discovered on arrival I forgot to put them back in the camera, d'oh! Oh well, it was still well worth the trip :)

Just got back from the "do". Well done to everyone, fantastic turnout, very busy too. Spoke to the Bachmann rep about the 105's, he says end of the month or maybe beginning of next, so I still have to wait..... Saw the 105 and what I believe to be the new 03 on the Hornby Mag layout, very nice.

Have a small selection of pics, will upload shortly.

Thanks for the photos Stewart. I would like to thank Steve, Gareth, Zoe and Joanne for the work they put in for this years event. From my point of view, it was the best one yet!

Thanks also to all the layout owners who displayed their superb creations for us, it was a joy to see them, and talk with the operators.

I wasn't sure if we'd be ready for today when I left at 3 yesterday, but thanks to everyones hard work, it was ready, same time next year Gareth?

Tom.

Archived