Blue With Yellow Faces 1979 Era Layout + Scrap Yard

Brush47337

Thanks guys.

In the next few days, I will load a photo of it - located in the scrap yard - where it will remain for a good few years.

Then - it is time I got on with adding some back scenes and some green bits.

I have been putting this off long enough and since my family bought me cows, sheep and trees, for Christmas - I think I should take the hint.

Glad you approve of what I did to your 47 Jeff........... it will have a long and happy life now - just not a very active one.

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Loving what you have done the the scrap Duff - very convincing - especially the smashed windows! - Anyone who has been to Canton will testify this is accurate!!!

56062 looking quite forlorn:

yz6ies.jpg

May I make one tiny suggestion as regards the 47? - Snip off the bogie retaining clips as you can see them through the newly created 'void'.

keep up with the good work.

Cheers

Trev

Thanks Arnington - look forward to seeing your scrap yard on here some day.

Big T - Love the scrap 56 picture.......... I can't have one of them though as they were brand new in my model period. They had delivered up to around 56 103 when I gave up the spotting game and where my model period is meant to finish.

I have snipped those bogie clips - made a good difference thanks.

Stuart

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not had much time to work on the Trainset of late (4 months since last update) but I had two pals down who brought their own locos for a wee spin round BWYF

Here is a link to a dark and gloomy (dusk..?) video.

Any self respecting spotter would know by the sound alone (or the height of the marker lights) what was coming out the tunnel - but few would guess what comes round the other way..... so......

Can you tell what it is yet.....?

I like the lights in the tunnel and the sparks off the dirty track

The Sound fitted one is easy .............. a box fresh No 001 by Bachmann in case you need to know...... My Pal John sure likes that horn.

The rather unusual visitor is Andy's (Hunslet 102 on here) Murphy Models CIE B141 (so he tells me).

• Like 2

Not had much time to work on the Trainset of late (4 months since last update) but I had two pals down who brought their own locos for a wee spin round BWYF

Here is a link to a dark and gloomy (dusk..?) video.

Any self respecting spotter would know by the sound alone (or the height of the marker lights) what was coming out the tunnel - but few would guess what comes round the other way..... so......

Can you tell what it is yet.....?

I like the lights in the tunnel and the sparks off the dirty track

The Sound fitted one is easy .............. a box fresh No 001 by Bachmann in case you need to know...... My Pal John sure likes that horn.

The rather unusual visitor is Andy's (Hunslet 102 on here) Murphy Models CIE B141 (so he tells me).

The Irish are coming!! Thanks Stuart for an enjoyable evening and letting a 141 have some running rights on strictly blue lines.......although I already have visions of a Hunslet Enterprise set thundering through Lewis station......maybe next time!

Thanks for sharing and uploading the video.

Still think Blue with Yellow Faces needs a railcar (sorry DMU for you guys) and now that I have found a chink in your armour,namely a Metro Cammell,the crusade will continue for its inclusion.

Thanks again

Andy

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello all,

Been a few months. Kinda lost my model train Mojo recently.

Work + recession, and money worries have made "playing trains feel almost too frivolous"

Did sneak into "dads wee room of sadness" at the weekend and took 5 photos and a wee video while the sun was oooooot!

Images here show a few more welders + some clutter have arrived in the scrap yard + some Noch grass tufts.

Hope someone likes these.

Stuart

post-6993-0-57813500-1321554196_thumb.jpg

27 105 by Heljan has a go at some sand wagons.

post-6993-0-56373400-1321554264_thumb.jpg

post-6993-0-51244500-1321554290_thumb.jpg

post-6993-0-56671300-1321554306_thumb.jpg

My Homage to Eastfield (and Toton)

post-6993-0-64353700-1321554347_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

You have my empathy Stuart, been there (to a degree still am) and it sucks. Glad to see you dipping your toes back in, don't force it - just enjoy it at your leisure, that's what it's meant for after all.

Chin up kiddo.

:drink_mini:

• Like 1

Hi Stuart,

I know how you feel - I lost my modelling mojo for a number of months! I finally went in to the garage yesterday and did a tidy up. I now need to look at the 6 inches of track that need replacing that has made me lose my mojo! It is generally something small and crass that ends up losing it for you.

Keep up the good work! I still can't believe how good that old busted Hornby 47 looks now that you have finished it.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 2

Hi Stuart, nice layout coming along really well, losing your modelling mojo is all to easy with the pressures of real life, but then the again on the flip side, getting back into the modelling can help with regaining your "real life mojo" as well, keep your chin up mate, good luck with everything.

Best regards

Craig.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

Enjoyed a good few hours at the Falkirk show on Saturday.

A good way to get my Mojo juices started - and managed to keep my wallet in my pocket!

I have enough unfinished projects as it is without buying more!

I am finding RMweb is also good for Mojo kindling - enjoying catching up on favourites - which is also ......... Free!

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

Good to see you back with a few more pics Stu,at lease with your era a guy can go up a ladder himself and work without fear of the HSE! Like you,modelling has been on the back burner for months now,hopefully my mojo will be rediscovered again this year and I can get Great Victoria Street station finished.

Keep up the good work,your layout has always been an inspiration.

Andy

• Like 1

Can I just add to other posters, that I too have followed this layout from its start on the old web. But then it disappeared , and now its back and better than ever!

Well done I love the track plan and that it fits in a 'reasonably' sized room!

Pete

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just to add Stuart that I've followed this from the beginning and it's always been one of my favourites!

I know exactly what you mean about losing the mojo and the whole railway stuff seeming 'silly' in comparison to 'real' challenges but it's also that which sustains the soul :)

Keep it up, would love to see some updates :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Time for a wee update.

Started Playing trains again - and quite enjoyed myself.

But since that is not very photogenic - I decided to "murder" a Class 37 I picked up 2 years ago and to share the foaties with you guys.

3 crime scene photos showing..............

EXHIBIT : A Cut cab + hole cut for doors on top of nose + Smashed windaes

post-6993-0-97245700-1348690920_thumb.jpg

EXHIBIT : B Then I made new doors. I had no idea the plastic on these old things was so thick.

Used up 4 scalpel blades and nearly two fingers - but made it in the end. New doors in situ made from old card scraps.

post-6993-0-19909000-1348690950_thumb.jpg

EXHIBIT : C Then another "attack of the 5 foot paint brush" to complete the grizzly scene.

Faded BR Yellow and Blue watered down with white. Then Rust streaks and then some general frame dirt grime.

I think it looks OK when viewed from a distance. (I hope so anyway).

post-6993-0-92397800-1348690970_thumb.jpg

Lastly another view of the scrap yard which is slowly filling up. I will make a space for this cab soon.

I think the rest of the body will either go at the back with a tarpaulin over the missing cab - or may be

cut up into large pieces to scatter around as general junk.

post-6993-0-91459800-1348691008_thumb.jpg

Hope nobody is offended by me "killing locos" - for some reason I find it quite calming.

Now....... if only I could make a model of a Hedge Fund Manager or Investment banker...........!

Stuart

• Like 4