rail express sept 10

Dan Griffin

out today, on time! is septembers rail express. modelling section good this month. birmingham moor street layout, Bachmann blue pullman, hattons 10000/10001 news. Dapol megafret review, Bachmann 105 review, and moystn monthly. main mag also good. class 58 feature as 'cull begins', railtours ect. national express east anglia feature also very good.

***although captions are mixed up in east anglia article. theres a shot of a 170 at whittlesea and the caption has been mixed up with that of a 170 at ely on the previouse page.***

full back page advert for the hattons lms twins wth lots of info on.

good issue this month.

I think the picture quality is poor this month; particularly the pages(22-25) on the class 58 cull- they all seem too dark.

One of the major reasons for me buying is its high quality repro.

Hopefully a one off and not a consequence of new management........

Hi Guys;

IMHB, I thought this months is a little poor. Seems a lot of adverts in the models section and the only N gauge report is negative (I model in 'N')..

Article wise, the Anglia thing is weak and the 58 article seems a space filler. Apart from that, Irish news seems reduced and a lot of other stuff seems regurgitated. The highlight for me is the news of a Yeovil-Oxford Class 50 article...but how 'solid' is that gen?

I'm afraid this (and the last issue) has me questioning whether to maintain a subscription...

Later;

STU from EGDL

Archived